One of my all-time favorite cookies.
Molasses ‘n spice. All that’s nice.
No “sugar ‘n spice” here! What I’ve got for you instead is a humongous, soft spice cookie sweetened with dark molasses and honey!
There’s nothing really that fancy about these cookies. They’re just good ‘ol comforting spice cookies. The kind you love to stock your cookie jar with. Too bad my cookie jar never actually has cookies in it. Oh, the joys of siblings 😉
If you can’t imagine your cookies without any add-ins, feel free to toss in a few chocolate chips, raisins, or nuts. Me? I like to keep these cookies simple with just the sweet and spicy flavors of molasses and spices that remind me of home.
When I was younger, these cookies were the #1 cookie I would request my mom to make. I was always astonished by how they turned out perfectly every time. I was so excited when she gave me her recipe, I ran into the kitchen and whipped her up a batch which turned out every bit as good as hers!
No matter how many cookies come along, this will always be my absolute favorite 😀
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 2. In a medium bowl combine first 7 ingredients until smooth. Stir in 2 cups flour. Add enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- 3. Roll cookie dough into 2-in balls and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 13 min. - Cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Yield: 22 cookies
- Store in airtight container for 4-5 days