“This sweet and healthy casserole is heavenly- The perfect dish to put on your Thanksgiving table!” ~Sarah
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (Grade B)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- Place sweet potatoes in large pot and cover with water.
- Cook over medium-high heat until potatoes are soft when pricked with fork.
- Plunge potatoes in cold water and tear skins off.
- In a large bowl mash sweet potatoes with syrup, butter, and spices.
- Add coconut and stir well; then add egg. Transfer sweet potato mixture to baking dish and set aside.
- For streusel topping combine pecans, butter, and syrup. Stir well then add flour until you have a crumbly topping.
- Sprinkle over sweet potatoes and bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 4-5 servings
Store in fridge 2-3 days.