“These sweet and crispy cookies are perfect for fall!” ~Sarah
- 1 can (23 oz) pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, honey, chocolate chips, cloves, and cinnamon; stir well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine baking powder, salt and 3 cups flour to pumpkin mixture and stir well.
- Add remaining flour until you have a stiff dough.
- Divide dough in half and pat each half into a rounded loaf and place on parchment-paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake each loaf at 350 F for 35 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Cool each loaf for 5 minutes and slice loafs into 8 cookies.
- Place biscotti cookies face down on cookie sheet and return to oven for 10 minutes, then flip cookies over and return to oven for 10 more minutes.
- Cool on cooling-rack.
Yield: 16 cookies.
Store in air-tight container for 3-4 days.