“These crepes take a little effort to make but they are well worth it in the end! Homemade crepes stuffed with a sweet cream cheese filling and topped with a made from-scratch blueberry sauce. Delicious!” ~Sarah
• 1 1/4 cups water
• 1 1/4 cups milk
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 1/4 cup safflower oil
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
Cream Cheese Filling:
• 2 cups cream cheese
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
• 1/3 cup sugar-free marmalade jam
• 1 cup water
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with enough water to form a liquid
To make the crepe batter:
1. In a medium bowl whisk together first six ingredients for crepes. Stir in flour and stir until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate 30-45 minutes.
2. While batter is chilling prepare filling. – Combine cream cheese and honey and stir until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Prepare blueberry sauce. In a small pot over medium heat combine berries and marmalade. Add water and cornstarch/water liquid. Stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and cool.
4. To make the crepes. Heat a lightly greased 9-in. saucepan over medium heat 1 min. Pour 1/4 cup crepe batter in saucepan and tilt pan to spread batter. Cook until top of crepe appears dry and edges are slightly golden, about 1-2 min. Flip crepe and cook on other side 1-2 min. Remove crepe from pan to cooling rack. Repeat step 4 with remaining batter.
5. To assemble the crepes: Place 1 tablespoon filling on half of crepe. Roll up and place seam-side down on serving plate. Drizzle with desired amount of blueberry sauce. Repeat with remaining crepes. Serve immediately.
Yield:1 1/2 dozen crepes
Note: For best results, it is recommended these crepes are served right away and not stored.