“These tiny tea cookies are light as a feather, and so easy to make!” ~Sarah
• 3/4 cup honey
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3-4 cups whole-wheat flour
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
1. Combine honey and butter in a medium bowl until smooth. Add egg, sour cream, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined.
2. Add enough flour to form a stiff dough. Preheat oven to 350 F.
3. Drop dough by heaping teaspoons, spacing 2 in. apart, on greased baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven 11-12 minutes. Cool cookies completely on wire cooling rack.
4. Dip cooled cookies into melted chocolate and place on wax paper. Chill until chocolate is firm. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Store cookies in refrigerator up to 3 days.