“I made these cupcakes three weeks ago but I didn’t get around to posting the recipe til now, but they’re worth the wait, I promise! My brother left for Basic Training in the Marine Corps three weeks ago, and we ended our last dinner with him with these moist, chocolately cupcakes. Good luck David!” ~Sarah
• 1/4 cup butter
• 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
• 2 large eggs
• 3/4 cup honey
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1-1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• Creamy peanut butter
• 1 recipe Whipped Cream : http://wholeandheavenlyoven.com/2012/11/23/homemade-whipped-cream/
• 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
• Chopped unsalted peanuts, optional
1. Melt butter and chocolate together in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Cool.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, honey, water, sour cream, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Add chocolate mixture and stir until just combined. In a small bowl combine flour and baking soda. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and stir until just moistened.
3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups halfway with batter. Scoop 1 tablespoon peanut butter on top, and top with 1 tablespoon batter. Bake at 350 F 18-20 minutes. Cool on wire cooling rack completely before frosting.
4. For the frosting: Place whipped cream in a small bowl and fold in melted chocolate chips until combined. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and sprinkle with chopped peanuts if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 1 dozen cupcakes.
Store in refrigerator up to 2 days.