“A crunchy oatmeal-pecan topping crowns these moist muffins, with juicy blueberries in every bite!” ~Sarah
• 3 large eggs
• 2/3 cup honey
• 1/4 cup safflower oil
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 1/3 cup plain yogurt
• 1 cup milk
• 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 2-1/2- 3 cups whole-wheat flour
• 1-1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen*
• 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1/4 cup chopped pecans
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon butter, softened
• 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1. Make the muffins: In a large bowl beat eggs, honey, oil, butter, yogurt, and milk until smooth. Add baking powder and salt, stirring until combined. Stir in enough flour to form a just moistened batter. Gently fold in blueberries, stirring gently until combined. Fill paper-lined muffin cups just to the top.
2. Make the topping: In a small bowl combine all topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over muffin cups. Bake at 350 F 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes then transfer to wire cooling rack to cool 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 15 muffins
Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.
*If using frozen blueberries do not thaw.