“These tiny cakes are very rich. A cream cheese crust and pecan filling makes them taste like mini pecan pies!” ~Sarah
• 3/4 cup cream cheese
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup whole-wheat flour
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened
• 1/3 plus 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• pinch salt
• About 3/4 cup chopped pecans
1. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add flour and stir until a ball of dough forms. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill 2 hours.
2. While dough is chilling, beat butter, honey, eggs, vanilla, and salt in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
3. Roll chilled dough into 36 small balls. Place each ball in a greased mini-muffin cup tin, and press dough in bottom and up sides, forming a crust. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon pecans in each crust. Top with 1 teaspoon honey-egg mixture. Bake at 350 F 15 minutes until bubbly and golden. Cool in pan 5 minutes then remove from pan to cooling rack. Serve.
Yield: 3 dozen.
Store in refrigerator 3-4 days.