“It’s been an eventful week here! After months of anticipated arrival, Lilly Evelyn, my fourth niece made her entrance into the world..Wednesday morning safe and sound. 5 days late, but better late than never! We figured she was late because she was still fixing her hair-do! She arrived with a full head of fluffy, dark hair! She weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and measured 22 in. When we went to visit her and her mom, the little sweetie-pie slept the entire time–even when she was being transferred to 8 different sets of arms!” Anyway, about these cookies–What doesn’t sound amazing about peanut butter, chocolate chips, and oatmeal? Absolutely nothing!” ~Sarah
Peanut Oatmeal Chip Cookies
- • 3/4 cup butter softened
- • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- • 1 cup honey
- • 2 eggs
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- • 2-1/2 to 3 cups whole-wheat flour
- • 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, honey, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg, stirring well after each addition. Add enough flour to form a stiff, roll-able dough. Fold in chocolate chips.
2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on parchment-paper lined baking sheets; Flatten to 1/2 in. thickness. Bake in preheated oven 12-13 minutes, or until golden brown and tops begin to crack. Cool on cooling rack.
Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.