“This dessert is pure heaven on a spoon. Soft vanilla wafers with bananas and a cloud of fluffy, vanilla pudding, cream cheese, and whipped cream on top. Enough said.” ~Sarah
• 1 batch Vanilla Wafers (Omit the chocolate coating) prepared according to recipe instructions.
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1-1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup cream cheese
• 3 ripe bananas, sliced
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Prepare vanilla wafers according to recipe instructions. Cool completely.
2. Prepare the pudding: In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in milk and 1/2 cup cream, stir over medium heat until simmering. Reduce heat to low. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water together; add honey and egg, whisking until combined. Add honey-egg mixture to warm cream mixture. Stir over medium-high heat until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt. Cool completely.
3. With an electric beater, beat remaining cream to stiff peaks. Fold in cream cheese and cooled vanilla pudding. In a small bowl toss banana slices with lemon juice. Set aside.
4. Assemble the pudding: Place 1/3 of vanilla wafers in bottom of a 9 x 13 in baking pan. Spread 1/3 of vanilla pudding mixture over wafers and sprinkle with 1/3 of bananas. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 10-12 servings.
Store in refrigerator 1-2 days.