“What a combination! I never would have thought that pineapple, coconut, and blueberries would taste so lovely together! Serve these plump muffins next to a cold glass of milk or a steaming cup of tea.” ~ Sarah
• 3-1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup safflower oil
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1-1/2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
• 4 eggs
• 1-1/2 cups milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
• 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (If using frozen, do not thaw)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with muffin liners
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk oil, honey, pineapple, eggs, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add liquid mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in coconut and blueberries. Fill prepared muffin liners with batter 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire cooling rack 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 2 dozen muffins.
Store muffins in refrigerator up to 2 days.