Just to sum it up in a few words: This pizza is the BOMB!!
Homemade Pesto Meatball Pizza.
I totally made up this recipe myself and I gotta say it was one of my more genius ideas. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVEEE pesto. You can use any kind of pesto but I especially love Classic Basil Pesto. It pairs especially well with the juicy meatballs that sit atop this gorgeous pizza.
You can also used pre-made pizza crusts. I (naturally) made my mom’s treasured homemade pizza crust. And yes, I will be posting the recipe soon. 😉
Add your choice of toppings. I would recommend green peppers, black olives, green olives, oregano, basil, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and definitely do not leave out the meatballs!
Before you bake your pizza, you’re gonna need to whip up this wonderfully crunchy Broccoli-Apple Salad. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and you can chill it while you’re preparing your pizza.
If you desire dessert, Caramel Oatmeal Shortbread Squares are super simple and super delicious! Anything caramel is a win-win in my book!
Broccoli-Apple Waldorf Salad
- 3 medium apples diced
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over salad and stir to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 8-10 servings.
Store in refrigerator 1-2 days.
Adapted from Taste of Home
Homemade Pesto Meatball Pizza
- 3 pre-made 9-in pizza crusts
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 15 baked meatballs
- Your choice of toppings
1. Place pizza crusts on parchment-paper lined baking sheets. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Spread pesto evenly over crusts. Repeat with tomato sauce. Place 5 meatballs on each pizza and top with your choice of toppings. Bake pizzas in preheated oven 15-20 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Cool 5 minutes before cutting.
Yield: 3 (9-in) pizzas, about 8-10 servings
Store in refrigerator up to 2 days.
1. Prepare Broccoli-Apple Salad and chill.
2. If you’re making dessert, prepare this now.
3. Prepare and bake the pizza
4. While the pizza bakes, set the table and pull out the Broccoli-Apple Salad. Once pizza is done, serve up and enjoy your Mealtime Monday!