Who’s ready for the 4th??
I know I’m getting excited! Especially after enjoying a
huge piece of this summery pie with piles of whipped cream. 😀
You really can’t get any fresher then a good ‘ol strawberry pie. Plus this pie was extra fresh since it was made with just-picked strawberries from a nearby farm. My mom went out there and picked 5 large buckets of strawberries. Andd..she gave them to me! And ordered me to start cooking. I didn’t have any problem with that, believe me!
Ohhh…Just one bite of this pie and all my cares floated away. As you can probably tell from my large number of pie recipes, I. Love. Pie.
Oh yeah, and I almost forgot to mention that it is no-bake. Who has time to slave over a oven-baked pie when you can slide it in the fridge for a couple of hours?
So let’s get started, shall we?
First off, let’s talk about the crust. You can use any kind of crust you want. Basic pie crust. Graham crust. Chocolate crust. Totally up to you. I used a graham cracker crust, which was amazing.
The filling is just your basic no-bake pie filling: Mashed strawberries. Honey. Cornstarch. Water. That’s it! Super simple, yet super delicious!
Obviously, you’re gonna have to top this pie with either whipped cream or ice cream. Both of which, would make very acceptable toppings 😉
This amazing pie takes a mere 20 minutes in the kitchen. That’s definitely my kind of recipe! If you’re pressed for time, make this pie early in the morning. Let it chill all morning and by mid-afternoon you will have a piece of heaven all ready for you to devour!
I’m thinking that this would be the perfect dessert to make for your 4th of July bash. ‘Cause seriously, what is the 4th of July without strawberries?
Just be prepared though, cause this pie is so refreshing, so smooth, and so ‘dang amazing that you will be forced to hand over extra pieces of the pie AND the recipe!
How are you celebrating the 4th of July?
We have been planning a big celebration with the family for several weeks. We also all got together at the zoo, yesterday for an outing and a grill-out picnic to celebrate several birthdays this month.
Everything went pretty well and now everyone is looking forward to getting together AGAIN for the 4th tomorrow!
Enjoy your holiday AND enjoy this pie!
- 2 (9-in) pie crusts of your choice, pre-baked
- 3 quarts (12 cups) hulled, fresh strawberries
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Place strawberries in a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher until coarsely mashed. Transfer to a large saucepan. Stir in honey. In a separate small bowl, beat cornstarch with water. Add to pan. Cook strawberry filling over medium-high heat until bubbly and thickened. Cool 30 minutes.
- 2. Divide filling between prepared pie crusts, smoothing tops with a spatula. Chill in fridge at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 2 (9) in pies, (8 servings each)
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 days.