Super-moist and fudgy brownies that are made in the skillet. These brownies are like biting into a piece of fudge. For die-hard chocoholics only!
Get ready for a fudgy-chocolate-y overload.
Meet the grandfather of all brownies. Moist, fudgy, chocolate-y heaven. All in one skillet.
Am I the only one who LOVES baking in a skillet?? I just love the effect the rustic skillet pan gives my photographs. Maybe it’s just my imagination, but food always just seems to taste better in the skillet as well. 😉
These brownies are intended for the most serious, die-hard chocoholic. They are good. Really good. Soft, moist, fudgy and loaded with tons of gooey chocolate chips. And not half-bad with a tall glass of milk either.
I mean really, who could resist a tall, thick slice of this??
Psssst….These pie-shaped brownie wedges are actually bigger than regular square-shaped brownies. No complaint here. 😉
Biting into one of these brownies was like biting into pure fudge. Fudgy wins the prize of my all-around favorite texture. Dry, cakey brownies have no place in my kitchen. Or in any kitchen, in my opinion.
Here are the ingredients: Keep reading for the printable version.
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Oil (I used soybean but you could also coconut or grapeseed oil)
- Coconut sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Semisweet chocolate chunks (you could also chips) TIP: I like to sprinkle my brownies with extra chocolate before baking just because it makes them look so dang good. And it doesn’t taste half-bad either. 😉
These brownies are a no-brainer to prepare—even the most novice baker could make these brownies. Basically, it’s just stir, stir, dump, bake, cool, devour. Done.
I am positive that these brownies will satisfy any major-chocolate craving. They should seriously come with a warning label. They are that moist, fudgy, and down-right addicting.
Please just do yourself a favor and make these brownies ASAP. After all, it’s Saturday and brownies are totally appropriate for a weekend.
Actually any day if you ask me. 😉
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil (I used safflower, but you could also use coconut or grapeseed oil)
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks (you could also use chips) plus extra for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease an oven-safe 12-in skillet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt until combined. In a large bowl, whisk oil, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour mixture to liquid, gently folding until batter is thick and smooth. Fold in chocolate chunks. (or chips)
- Scrape brownie batter into prepared skillet and gently smooth top with a spatula. Sprinkle with additional chocolate if desired. Bake brownies at 350F 25-28 minutes until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. Cool skillet brownies completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Once brownies are cooled, cut into wedges and serve.
A few similar recipes I know you’ll enjoy….♥