It occurred to me a few days ago, that since only recently WAHO has become busier and more interactive with visitors, that not all of my readers really know about the girl behind the blog.
Well, I’m sure that most of you have read my about page, but that really only scratches the surface of Sarah. I thought that some of my new readers might appreciate knowing just a little bit more about the girl behind the blog, so I have compiled 15 random facts and stories about me.
This is only a little awkward for me….I don’t really enjoy talking about myself. I would much rather talk about food, but I put on my big girl pants and wrote this post for you. I hope you don’t get TOO bored reading it. 😉
Sooo here you go: 15 random things about Sarah.
1. When I was 9, my mom let me make my first dinner all by myself. (with her sitting nearby to make sure I didn’t burn the house down) I was attempting to make mayo-marinated and breaded baked chicken and somehow I tripled the amount of mayonnaise and we ended up with white glop for dinner that night. Needless to say, nobody ate very much. Thank goodness I can read recipes correctly now!
2. I take all my food photographs out on our sun porch, even in single-digit temperatures in the winter. Our house has terrible lighting and the sun porch is the only place in the entire house that gets good lighting. Yep, I bundle up and take my food out to the porch with me—I get as many good pictures as possible and then literally run back into the nice, warm house and devour whatever it is I’ve made that day.
3. I am extremely flexible, thanks to my many years of ballet training. I can do the splits all 3 ways, I can raise my leg all the way up to my ears, ect. I kind of like to show off my flexibility and gross people out with the different ways I can bend. 😉
4. I am as blind as a bat without my contacts or glasses. Before I got glasses when I was 10, I thought that the moon was supposed to look like a big, white fuzzy blob.
5. I hate fish and pretty much any seafood. Maybe it was all those tuna sandwiches I had as a kid that ruined seafood for me..
6. I have 8 brothers and sisters. Yes, my parents have 9 kids all together. My two older brothers and sister no longer live at home, but when they and their families come home for visits, the house can get extremely packed and will get extremely crazy. I’ll let you guess who has to do all the cooking for everyone. 😉
7. I hate the cold. You might ask, “well why do you live in Wisconsin then?” I’ve often asked myself that question and haven’t come up with an answer yet. I love a good snowstorm and everything, but by mid-January I’m more than ready to pull out my bikini and say goodbye to winter.
8. I couldn’t live without my crockpot. I rarely use it in the summer, but in the winter I use it at least 4 times a week. Comfort food, ya know? It’s one of few things that get me through Wisconsin’s longg winters.
9. Chocolate is one of my favorite things on the planet. Even though I love chocolate dearly, fresh fruits and veggies come in close second as some of my favorite foods. My 3-year old sister, Rachel must take after me, because she’s even more obsessed with chocolate than I am.
10. I’m not into sports or anything connected with sports. Football, baseball, basketball = big yawn. My sports-fanatic older brother, Daniel thinks that I am truly insane, because I would rather go to a ballet performance than go to a baseball game at Millers Park.
11. I’m addicted to Pinterest. I could literally (and have!) spend hours on Pinterest, drooling over all the food and recipes. Maybe that would explain why I have over 3600 pins on Pinterest….
12. I dream of one day completely designing my own kitchen. I made a Pinterest board to keep all my ideas in one place. You know, just in case I win the lottery someday..;)
13. Yeast breads and rolls are one of my favorite things to bake—I just love the simplicity and intricacy of making homemade breads and rolls from scratch. My mom taught me everything about making yeast breads from scratch before I was even 12 years old. My family never buys store-bought bread, and now you know why—they all swear by my mom’s and my yeast creations.
14. I’m not tech savvy at all. All the behind-the-scenes work on WAHO comes from either my computer-genius brother, Daniel or my works-on-computers-for-a-living mom. I could not tell you what SEO is if my life depended on it…
15. I’ve visited over half of the U.S states at some point in my life and have seen many national landmarks. I’ve been to Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota, Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming , The Grand Canyon in Arizona, the Redwood Forest in California, Arches National Park in Utah, ect. My parents are really into traveling, huh?
Probably the best place I’ve ever been to was Hawaii. I’ve been there twice, and yes, it is amazing.