Thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie dough bars that are egg-free AND no-bake. These addicting bars are a dream for any cookie-dough lover!
Raise your hand if you have ever “accidentally” eaten half your cookie dough before it’s even out of the bowl and shaped into cookies.
You’re definitely not alone on that one. Is it just me or does cookie dough taste even better than the actual cookies??
The other morning, I got a frantic Facebook message from my mom. And when I say frantic, I mean FRANTIC. Apparently she had just seen a recipe for no-bake cookie dough bars, and wanted me to make them for her ASAP. Now, I love my mom and I would do anything for her, but it was only 8 am and she wanted cookie dough RIGHT that second?? I calmed her down and promised her that I would make her her beloved cookie dough bars BEFORE the weekend was over—- and you better believe she held me to that promise.
I’m actually kind of glad she was so persistent, because these bars turned out wicked-good. Even better than I thought they would.
My mom LOVED these bars. She told me they’re her new favorite dessert. Now, I know exactly what to give her for Mother’s Day. 😉
Yes, most gifts I give consist of some kind of food—I haven’t heard any complaints yet…;)
Dieters beware—you are about to meet your biggest enemy.
These bars are super-thick and chewy, loaded to the max with chocolate, and they taste exactly like cookie dough. ♥
I think I’m in love….
One thing I can’t really get over is how I’m eating raw eggs when I “sample” my cookie dough. Guess what?! These bars are egg-free! You don’t even notice the lack of eggs in these bars—the texture and the flavor is pretty much the same as regular cookie dough.
I usually don’t have the patience for no-bake desserts. Even though it saves electricity and such, I just HATE waiting for my treats to chill. With these bars I don’t have to wait, because I like to make these bars right before going to bed at night—since it literally takes 5 minutes to whip up your super-basic cookie dough. By morning they’re nice and firm and ready to be glazed generously with extra melted chocolate.
Don’t judge—I haven’t eaten one of these bars for breakfast…..yet.
Next time, I think I’ll try adding peanut butter to these bars. How amazing would that be??! ♥
Believe me when I say that these bars are extremely addicting. One of these bars is never enough to satisfy my ever-present cookie dough cravings. 🙂
Guys, I beg you to drop what you’re doing and make these bars right now. Just do it—-It’ll make your whole Monday. Promise.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup semisweet coarsely chopped chocolate chunks (or mini chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl beat butter and coconut sugar until creamy. Beat in condensed milk and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in flour until a dough forms. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Evenly press dough into a lightly greased 9x13 baking pan. Cover pan with plastic wrap and chill bars 5 to 6 hours, or overnight.
- Once bars are thoroughly chilled, evenly spread melted chocolate over top for glaze. Chill bars 10 minutes more before cutting into squares.
I know you’ll enjoy these other recipes!