Fudgy brownie cupcakes with an addicting cookie-dough frosting—The ultimate cupcake! PLUS an incredible giveaway from CHARM IT!
I’m getting you stoked up for the weekend today. With cupcakes and a pretty amazing giveaway. Keep reading because your Thursday is just about to get a whole lot sweeter. Let’s start by talking about these cupcakes: Seriously, guys, I’ve just found my new favorite kind of cupcake. Yes, there’s chocolate. Yes, there’s brownie. Yes, there’s cookie dough…. And yes, it’s amazing. Proceed at your own risk…. These cupcakes seriously do taste like a moist, fudgy brownie. Not to mention that they’re slathered to within an inch of their life with a sinful cookie-dough frosting. No doubt about it—these cupcakes are what dreams are made of. I’m not going to spend too much time discussing these cupcakes in detail because I’m really anxious to get to the fun giveaway I have for you—but I will say this: Make these cupcakes. They’re so moist, fudgy, and chocolate-y— you’re just going to be blown away. These cupcakes really do combine the best of 3 worlds: Brownies, cupcakes, and cookie-dough. It’s pure heaven. Who could ask for more? ♥ Keep reading to enter my amazing giveaway!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- COOKIE DOUGH FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped chocolate chips (or mini chocolate chips)
- Make the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin wrappers. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa. In another medium bowl, whisk coconut sugar, eggs, melted butter, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid mixture until just combined (batter will be quite thick)
- Fill prepared cups 3/4 full of batter and bake at 350F 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. Cool cupcakes completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Prepare the frosting: In a medium bowl with a handheld electric beater, beat butter and coconut sugar at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in powdered sugar, flour, molasses, vanilla, and heavy cream---about 2 minutes of beating until thick and creamy. Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Spread cookie dough frosting on cooled cupcakes and garnish with extra chocolate if desired. Store cupcakes in refrigerator until ready to serve.
A few weeks ago, CHARM IT! contacted me and asked me if I would be willing to do a review and giveaway on my blog for a 3-piece kitchen-themed bracelet charm set giveaway to one lucky reader. They also offered to send me a free bracelet which I excitedly accepted. One visit to their website and one look at their ADORABLE charms and bracelets was all it took to convince me.
I mean, who could say no to such cuteness??
Are you feeling lucky today? YOU have the chance to WIN a 3-piece baking-themed bracelet gift set for free. For that special little girl we all have in our life who is crazy for jewelry and pretty things. (I have several of ’em!)
CHARM IT!’s stuff is unbelievably cute and perfect for any little girl. My little sisters, especially 3-year old Rachel were all over their cute jewelry, and I have a feeling that I may have to buy some of their jewelry just for them! I especially loved their kitchen-themed charms. I mean, just look at that adorable little cupcake!
Any little girl in your life is going to go nuts over CHARM IT!’s adorable jewelry! ‘Heck, it brought out the little girl in ME the second I saw that mini-cupcake charm. So cute.
My personal favorite was the oven charm. Um, obviously ’cause it’s PINK!
Here’s what you have to do to enter:
The first step is to log into Rafflecopter below, with either Facebook or with an email address. The only mandatory entry to get you into the giveaway is to leave a blog post comment telling me your favorite sweet treat to bake. You can then earn additional entries following the Rafflecopter prompts below.
*This giveaway is only open to U.S residents —- Not my choice. Sorry!
*This giveaway will end Friday, March 28th 2014, 12am CST
*Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.