Tender asparagus spears pan-fried in fresh garlic and then doused in a sweet and tangy lemon vinaigrette—A perfect spring side dish alongside a roast chicken and baked potatoes.
Fresh asparagus is one of the things I always look forward to about spring. It almost breaks my heart when we move into summer and I have to say goodbye to my beloved ‘sparagus for the year.
I suppose I’ll just make the most of it while I still can.
I just love finding new and different ways to cook asparagus—this is by far one of my best asparagus creations yet, and it is the first one I’ve shared on my blog. There are more a ‘comin so stay tuned. 😉
This asparagus is pan-fried to tender-perfection with fresh garlic and olive oil, and it is then drenched in a sweet ‘n’ tangy lemon vinaigrette. It is soo good I could eat the whole pan.
I like to drizzle a little extra vinaigrette on my plateful of asparagus…It’s so tasty.
Can you tell I’m a little obsessed with asparagus?
You’ve gotta try this pan-fried asparagus this spring. It may look fancy and over-complicated, but I promise it’s so simple! Bonus? It’s ready in 15 minutes. Perfect for those busy week-nights, but still elegant enough for a more formal meal.
I love to serve this asparagus with a juicy roasted chicken and some crispy potato wedges. A perfectly simple but still elegant dinner meal!
This pretty asparagus is so good, even your kids will love it!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- LEMON VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until shimmering. Add asparagus and minced garlic to skillet. Stir asparagus frequently over medium heat, about 5-10 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all vinaigrette ingredients and shake until combined.
- Drizzle cooked asparagus with vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Check out my other spring-themed recipes!