Perfectly soft and chewy tea cookies drizzled with a sweet ‘n’ tangy lime cream cheese glaze. These delicate little cookies come together in minutes and are guaranteed to become your new favorite summer cookie!
Tea cookies. In other words, cookies that are mini-sized, usually covered with a frosting, and so tiny you can eat several without any guilt.
Yep, I’m kind of in love with tea cookies.
I’m not much of a tea drinker (give me coffee or give me death) but I have a feeling that these delicate cookies would be a puuuurfect accompaniment alongside your afternoon tea.
Afternoon tea. That sounds so Downton Abbey-ish. Am I the only one who LOVES that show?
I always feel so fancy whenever I eat these cookies. They’re so tiny and delicate you can easily demolish one in only two bites. And obviously, because they’re so tiny it’s more than okay to have 10 of them.
I’ll confess that I’m not too big on lime flavor. Maybe it’s because we hardly ever have them in the house and I just haven’t eaten too many things flavored with lime? I don’t HATE it, but it’s definitely not my first choice.
But this lime glaze? Guys, seriously. It is so amazing I could eat it from the bowl by the spoonful. It’s perfectly smooth with just the right amount of sweetness and tangy-ness. FYI—Lime juice and cream cheese is pretty much a combination made in heaven. The two compliment each other SO well.
I was seriously sitting in the kitchen tasting the glaze and thinking: Geez, I wanna bury my head in this bowl and never come out!
Limes are my new love. And kind of perfect timing with it being summertime and all. (how the heck can it be June 6th already??)
The tea cookies are pretty much just a basic sugar-cookie dough. NO chilling time required! Just make your dough, shape ’em into balls, and bake!
‘Nothin too fancy or complicated. ‘Cause who wants to spend all summer in a hot kitchen??
The cookies bake up perfectly thick and chewy and go kind of perfectly with that epic lime glaze.
Just by themselves these cookies are amazing, but drizzling ’em with a lime glaze takes them from great to OH MY GOSH I NEED ANOTHER.
Guys, it doesn’t get much easier than this. And we all know that time can be a serious game-changer especially in the summertime. Take 30 minutes of your time and make these cookies. Best time ever spent.
This recipe makes a TON of little cookies, so if you’re looking for that perfect summer dessert to bring along to a cook-out or summer gathering, these cookies are definitely it!
I believe I have just discovered my new favorite summer cookie. These ones come in close second, though. 😉
You totally need to try these cookies this summer. If they can turn a lime-disser like me around, you know they’ve got to be good. 😉
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- LIME CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered xylitol (or sugar)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Grated lime zest for garnish, optional
- Prepare the cookies: Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour until a thick dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-in balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Flatten cookies slightly with the heel of your hand. Bake cookies 7-8 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges. Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the lime glaze: Place cream cheese in a small bowl. Beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in xylitol (or sugar) lime juice, and milk until a thick glaze forms (if glaze seems too thick, beat in a little extra milk)
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies and garnish with lime zest if desired.
Try my other summery recipes next this summer!