Chock-full of almonds, coconut, and chocolate; this almond joy-themed granola is a healthier breakfast alternative to the classic candy!
This is me having candy in the form of health-food granola.
For breakfast. It’s awesome guys. Get on board with it.
It’s healthy so there’s no guilt here. Belieeeeeve me. 😉
Okay, so I have no idea why, but I have had just the HUGEST craving for anything almond joy lately….
Thus, the most addicting granola in the UNIVERSE was born.
Sometimes insane cravings can be a good thing. Especially if you end up with tasty products like this. 😀
I may or may not have ended up having a bowlful of this granola for breakfast AND for lunch the other morning. No shame. 😉
So peeps: No fooling, this granola is seriously about as simple as it gets. I know I say that for about 99.9% of my recipes, but is is SO true in this granola’s case.
Make it this morning and I guarantee you won’t regret it. Heck, I’ll bet you even have ALL of the ingredients in your pantry right this second! Basic stuff here, guys.
You’re gonna need regular granola ingredients like oats and such, but DON’T leave out the almonds and shredded coconut. Because then it wouldn’t be an Almond-Joy granola, and that would just be sadness.
One thing that you absolutely MUST do when this granola is baking is stirring. This granola takes about 30 minutes of bake time at 300° and it’s necessary that you stir the granola every 10 minutes while it bakes. This will ensure that the granola will bake evenly, resulting in perfectly crunchy (but not tooth-shattering) granola.
You thought I forgot about the chocolate part of Almond Joys didn’t you? 😉 Waaaaay ahead of you. Once the granola is baked, it’s time for the final (and most tasty) step.
Stir in those chocolate chips, let the granola cool a bit, thennnnnn…..grab handful after addicting handful.
Or, if you’re enjoying this granola the classic way, here’s your other option: Pour on that milk and grab an XXL spoon.
Crunch, crunch, crunch.
Holy guacamole, you guys…..this granola is like the holy grail of all breakfasts. A whole new level of awesome-ness.
It’s basically like eating candy for breakfast.
And trust me, NOTHING gets any better than that. 😀
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds, cinnamon, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk oil, syrup, and vanilla until smooth. Pour over dry mixture and stir until mixture is evenly coated.
- Divide granola between prepared pans. Bake granola at 300F 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, Immediately stir chocolate chips into warm granola and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Allow granola to cool completely at room temperature.
You’ll LOVE my other granola recipes!