These kickin’ sweet potatoes fries go perfectly with a creamy homemade cilantro ranch dip. You’ll want to eat batch after batch of these amazing fries in minutes!
Guys. We need to talk. About the fact that before now I have never had a sweet potato fry in my life.
*insert crying and sobbing*
I have been unknown to the fact that sweet potato fries are pretty much the best thing on the planet. And I’m crying my eyes out as I speak (type?) because this is just so sad…
Sadness is over. I have sweet potato fries in my life now, so all is right in my little world.
I’ve been kinda on a fry kick lately….I recently shared my most FAVORITE zucchini fries in the world, and I’m currently working on a classic potato fries recipe.
Right now, I could literally write a book about my love for sweet potato fries.
If you’re as big of a sweet ‘n’ spicy lover as I am, these fries have your name written all over them. Super-crisp and crunchy on the outside and covered with just the right amount of sweet and spicy flavors, prepare to fall COMPLETELY in love, folks.
And the dip. O-M-G. The dip! I just reaaaaally want a spoon. A huge-ish handful of these fries wouldn’t hurt either. 😉
It’s like a super-fun twist on classic ranch, but with the fun addition of fresh cilantro.
In other news my cilantro plant is going nuts and I have cilantro coming outta my ears. Anyone want some? I could supply enough for a small army. 😉
TIP: Any extra dip you have leftover makes an awesome salad dressing. It perks up ANY boring, old lunch-salad.
The sweet potato fries aren’t super-spicy but they do have an awesome kick them that’s cooled down in the most delicious way by the cool, creamy cilantro dip.
I must have gobbled down about half of the entire batch of these fries seconds after I finished taking photos. Mid-afternoon snack, we’ll call it. 😉
Once you dip those crispy fries in that dip, rest assured that the entire batch is somehow going to vanish within minutes.
Sweet potatoes have NEVER been so tasty.
Enjoy, my friends!
- SWEET POTATO FRIES:
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fry-shaped strips
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- CILANTRO RANCH DIP:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Make the fries: Place potato fries in a large bowl and cover with water. Let soak 2 hours.
- Once potatoes have soaked, remove from bowl and pat dry with towels. Toss potatoes with cornstarch in a large bowl then stir in remaining ingredients until potatoes are evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on two greased baking sheets.
- Bake sweet potatoes at 400F 20 minutes, then flip and continue to bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Make the cilantro ranch dip: Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse several times until smooth and creamy.
- Serve sweet potatoes fries with cilantro ranch dip.
You’ll love these similar recipes!