Loaded with just about every veggie on the planet and lots of grilled chicken, these super-fresh and healthy, California-style pasta bowls are an awesome way to use up all that summer produce!
Sooo…it’s slightly ridiculous how excited I am for today’s post.
Yes, I’m aware the weekend is over. Yes, I’m aware that Monday immediately follows the weekend, but nothing is breaking my spirit today.
These bowls have done me in. I’m going-going-GONE in love and life is absolutely complete.
Oh, you want in on all these awesome feels too? I’m glad you came by because Monday is officially a GOOD DAY.
Let’s do this.
Okay, so let me break this down. There’s just waaaay too much stuff going on in this one itty-bitty little bowl so we’re gonna talk about this right.
Here are the most important things you need to know.
California-style. (told ‘ya!)
Grilled veggies. So. Many. Summer. Veggies.
Chicken. Also grilled. (!!!)
Pasta. And lots of it. Carbin’ up, yo!
All this heaped into your biggest, heavy-duty, no-foolin’-around serving bowl with a hefty portion of super-fresh, super-sweet corn, a handful of fresh alfalfa sprouts and lettuce, and plenty of homemade guac.
My goodness, is this not just Monday food ALL the way??
Heeeeey there, lover.
Do you see now why I can hardly even contain my excitement? I’ve literally had the idea for these bowls in my head since the beginning of June and they finally ended up happening last week.
And they happened again yesterday. And I plan to make them happen again this week and possibly every day for the foreseeable future.
Did I mention that yesterday marked a very special day? I picked the FIRST zucchini and tomatoes from the garden! It’s destiny. Let the madness BEGIN.
A bowlful of summer is the only way to describe these bowls. Besides them being incredibly HEALTHY, they are also insanely colorful which is the only way I want my food in the summer. Seriously, I’m that serious about summer eatin’.
Eat the rainbow, guys. It’s so fun.
Plus, um. How gorgeous are they?? All those fresh summer colors just automatically make for pretty food.
And we all know that pretty PLUS incredible summer food just always makes for happy peeps. ♥
This is livin’ the sweet summer life, folks. Lord, help me when my plentiful supply of garden veggies runs dry. I may cry.
Summer? Stay forever so I may always be with my BFFs these bowls of summer goodness. Peace out.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut in half widthwise
- 1 medium sweet pepper, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Make the chicken and veggies: Place chicken breasts and sweet peppers/zucchini/tomatoes in two separate bowls. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over each and stir 2 cloves minced garlic into each. Sprinkle both liberally with salt and pepper.
- Grill veggies and chicken over medium-high heat until chicken registers 165F and veggies are tender, about 10 minutes. Keep warm and set aside.
- Place avocado in a medium bowl, and mash thoroughly with lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the bowls: Divide cooked rigatoni pasta between 5 serving bowls, and evenly distribute veggies and chicken, alfalfa sprouts, lettuce, and corn between each bowl. Sprinkle each bowl with minced basil and serve!