This stunning summer fruit crumble has it all! Bursting with fresh blueberries and peaches and covered with an amazing buttery oatmeal crumble.—A big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top is necessary!
I’m in a mode right now, guys. And it’s called oh-my-gosh-summer’s-almost-over-and-I’ve-gotta-squeeze-ALL-the-peaches-and-blueberries-and-such-into-everything-while-I-still-can!
So what’s a girl to do except throw ALL of it into a fruit crumble? ♥
And then….there’s that moment when I realize that it’s August 18th and I have totally failed to share even ONE summer pie, crisp, or crumble yet this summer.
Guys, I just don’t even know sometimes….I am a complete disgrace to summer.
….Until now. Because uh, Peach Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble, guys. It’s my peace offering.
Except I accidentally ate it all yesterday. Sorry??
Friends and fellow fruit-lovers: We need to discuss your soon-to-be-biggest summer love. It’s this. →
Sweet summer peaches and blueberries. Loaded with buttery oat crumble by the truckload. Baked ’til warm, gooey and dreamy. Plopped with multiple scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Eaten until your fruit-cravin’ belly can handle no more.
For me that’s never. Just ‘sayin.
Can we talk about the fact that as far as summertime desserts go, this one is just about the easiest? For real! Check it out —>
The filling is just fruit, a little lemon zest + juice for flavor, coconut sugar for sweetening, and flour for a thickening agent.
The crumble topping consists of flour, oats and nuts for an amazing texture, more coconut sugar for sweetening, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla for flavor, and butter. Because butter is KEY to any kickin’-good crumble topping.
Also, butter = the answer to everything.
From there, we’re gonna bake it all until bubbly and perfect. Let ‘er cool for about 15 minutes and then I insist that you dig into it WARM! With ice cream. It’s really the only way….
You guys, I think it goes without saying that this is the summer dessert to beat ’em all. How could you even go WRONG with fruit + crumble + ice cream??
The only thing that could possibly go wrong is if you were to pull a crazy move like skipping the ice cream or something….
Sidenote: Don’t do it.
Speaking of which, you can probably tell by now that I prefer all my helpings of fruit crumble a’la mode. Actually I don’t just prefer it—I REQUIRE it.
Because a’la mode is just the way all things should be, except possibly pizza.
Seriously though, you’d have to be completely nuts NOT to want to faceplant into a ginormous bowl of this fruity summer heaven. ♥
And I’m here to tell you to do it, do it, do IT!
- FRUIT FILLING:
- 4 cups fresh sliced peaches
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream for serving, optional
- Make the filling: Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients until combined. Spread evenly in the bottom of an 8-in square baking pan (or a 9-in round pie plate) Set aside for a moment while you prepare the topping.
- Make the topping: In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt, pecans, and vanilla extract. Cut in butter and toss mixture with a pastry cutter (or two forks) until topping is crumbly and in pea-sized clumps. Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit filling.
- Bake fruit crumble at 350F 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Let cool on a wire cooling rack 15 minutes, then enjoy warm with vanilla ice cream!
More fruity summer sweets? Heck, yes!