Stuffed with a luscious gooey cinnamon roll filling and packed with lots of gooey chocolate and glaze, these dynamite muffins are the absolute best way to get your cinnamon roll fix!
Man oh maaaaaan, guys…All I can say is I desperately hope that you’re in a brunchin’-kinda mood today.
I mean, it’s Friday, so who isn’t??
So can we talk about the kind of things I crave practically 24/7 in the breakfast department? Muffins, cinnamon rolls. Cinnamon rolls, muffins.
I’ll take ’em both in either order. 😉
Clearly, you can see exactly how I’m taking them both now’adays: Jammed into ONE killer breakfast. I’m obviously a pro at this by now…
And thus…cinnamon roll muffins were henceforth BORN.
I’ll get back to you on that one in a few weeks. 😉
My family could not stop raving and ranting about these muffins. Putting all the automatically-winning glaze and chocolate aside, what they loved most was how from the OUTSIDE, these muffins looked like any ordinary glazed chocolate chip muffin…
…but the INSIDE. That’s obviously what really counts. That first bite takes you on a one-way trip to ooey-gooey cinnamon roll land!
Like whoaaaaa, they said. I did not see that coming!
I just say It’s muffin MAGIC, guys.”
*nod, nod, chew, chew*
Not gonna lie to you guys, these muffins are pure bakery-style perfection. They’re seriously SO pretty to look at, they’re ginooooormous (!!) and just really, really, REALLY good.
Like so soft and moist inside, you may cry. And combined with that gooey cinnamon roll filling we all know and love PLUS chocolate PLUS glaze? Get ready for the waterworks.
Yes. All the yes to all of the above we just spoke of.
Sarah’s Top Tip: If you’re looking to create even more of a bakery-style impression with these muffins, drizzle your glaze in a pretty criss-cross pattern!
Psssst…that also = more glaze crowning each muffin. (fist pump!)
And just like that MY heart is won. ♥
You wanna know how every weekend can be automatically made? These muffins. No, really. Your Saturday morning is going to be the TOPS.
Cinnamon rolls easy-fied, muffin-fied and covered in glaze could really be nothing less than a SCORE. A slam-dunk in the category of weekend breakfast.
Face-planting skills, don’t fail me now. ♥
- CINNAMON ROLL FILLING:
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tablespoons water
- MUFFIN BATTER:
- 2-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Make the filling: In a small bowl, whisk all filling ingredients until smooth and creamy. Set aside for a moment.
- Make the muffin batter: Preheat oven to 425F and lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugar, yogurt, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill prepared muffin tin cups half full of batter. Top each with 1 tablespoon cinnamon roll filling. Gently spoon remaining muffin batter over top.
- Bake muffins at 425F 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375F and continue baking 15 minutes or until golden. Cool muffins in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients until smooth and drizzling consistency. Evenly drizzle glaze over slightly-cooled muffins. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #wholeandheavenlyoven on Instagram. And follow me so we can be friends! ♥