Loaded with all kinds of Mexican-style goodness and made entirely in one skillet, these easy sweet potato noodles are going to quickly become a family favorite!
Yup, that’s me, friends. You can just call me Miss Skillet from here on out.
Oh man, guyyyyys. My skillet is just EVERYTHING to me right now! All hail my trusty and definitely-getting-rusty skillet and all the sweet potato noodles it can hold.
And this chicken too. You know, whenever I’m NOT completely obsessing over veggie noodles all the things.
Okay, so seriously, guys. Can you even believe that it’s been like 2 months since my last and ashamedly-ONLY veggie noodles? That’s like 2 million years when it comes to something as wonderful as veggie noodles.
Currently…sweet potato noodles. Loaded up with all the Mexican glory. Oh, yeaaaaa!
We’re going to be using Farm Rich® Smokehouse Smoked Chicken and Birds Eye Steamfresh Barbecue Sweet Corn from Walmart as the main stars in these sweet potato noodles. Oh goooooosh, guys! I am completely obsessed with everything about this combo. The chicken is super-moist and juicy while the sweet ‘n’ tangy sweet corn couples perfectly with all the other Mexican flavors in the sweet potato noodles.
All that’s left to do is throw in some beans, and a little kickin’ spice and then let the skillet do it’s magic for a few minutes.
Soon afterwards…Pile on copious amounts of soft feta cheese and all the diced avocado if you desire…
Actually, I’m just gonna make that last part a requirement. 😉
Then load up ‘yer plate with all the sweet potato noodles it can hold.
OR you could always use my never-fail option of eating all the sweet potato noodle-y goodness straight from the skillet. With your face.
That took what, a total of 30 or less minutes? And it’s one-pot and an entire veggie-disguised-as-carbs meal-in-one. And obviously healthy.
Let’s show Tuesday who’s BOSS!
Hint: It’s these sweet potato noodles. They’re the total boss.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized
- 1-1/2 cups SteamFresh Barbecue Sweet Corn
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet pepper, diced
- 1 package (16 oz) FarmRich Smokehouse Dry Rub Smoked Chicken
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until shimmery. Add sweet potato noodles, sweet corn, onion, garlic, beans, and sweet pepper to skillet. Saute several minutes, stirring occasionally until sweet potato noodles just begin to soften.
- Dice smoked chicken into 1-in cubes and add to noodles along with lime juice, seasonings, and cilantro. Stir over medium-high heat another 5 minutes or until noodles are completely heated through.
- Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle feta cheese and diced avocado on top of noodles. Serve warm.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Birds Eye®, and Farm Rich® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #FullnRichFlavor http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
If you haven’t used Ibotta, you have to download the app available on iOs and Android. Before you shop, be sure to unlock the rebates for both Birds Eye Vegetables and Farm Rich® Smokehouse. Then, shop! Buy the products that you’ve unlocked at major retailers. Finally, verify your purchase by scanning your barcodes and submitting a photo of your receipt!