Soft and chewy peanut butter thumbprint cookies are filled with fruity jam and then drizzled to perfection with white chocolate.—Grab that cold milk!
I think super-huge cookie hugs are in order today. I mean obviously, Friday + thumbprint cookies + PB&J + white chocolate = totally huggable reasons.
And by hugs, I really do mean HUG your cookies. Smother them with your love and affection.
Okay, that’s actually top-secret code for eat them. Eat them ALL.
Do I even need to give you a reason why? The peanut buttery glory pretty muchly speaks for itself.
‘Kay, guys. So I may or may not have been hoarding these cookies to myself basically all this past summer. I think I first made them last May and SOMEHOW completely spaced posting the recipe because doggone-it-they’re-so-dang-good-and-I-have-zero-control-around-such-things-with-such-epic-amounts-of-awesomeness.
Lame excuses I know, but let’s let bygones be bygones and just eat cookies. Sound good? Yaaaaas!
So I have just a little problem here, guys. It’s the fact that I have to leave THIS version of paradise in only 2 short days and return to the frozen tundra we locals affectionately call Wisconsin.
Right now I’m just eating all of these cookies to deal with this. Don’t judge and don’t laugh at the white chocolate and jelly that’s probably smeared all over my face.
Occupational cookie hazards.
Anywho…there’s really just nothin’ you could ever hate about these cookies. There’s tons peanut butter. There’s gooey jelly. There’s white chocolate drizzled into every little crevice. ♥
…But wait! There’s more! It’s all in adorable thumbprint cookie form. ← That last one is clearly a game-changer by itself.
Look how glorious and flawless. Eeeeeep!
If you want to be technical, there is one iiiiitty-bitty thing that you could kinda dislike about these cookies. The fact that you’re probably going to eat all of them.
Which I am 100% behind and encouraging you to do. You know, Friday? Weekend? It’s on.
Fat pants? They’re definitely on. Bring on all the cookie HUGS!
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Strawberry jam for filling
- 1/2 cup melted white chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place melted butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, peanut butter, yogurt, and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1-in balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Use your thumb to make an indention in the center of each ball. Fill each thumbprint with 1/2 to 1 tablespoon jam.
- Bake cookies at 350F 10-11 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden. Cool cookies on baking sheet 10 minutes, then drizzle each cookie with warm melted white chocolate. Let set 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #wholeandheavenlyoven on Instagram. And follow me so we can be friends! ♥
If you’ve got a ‘thang for peanut butter cookies, you may want to try these Browned Butter Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies next! ↓↓
…And most definitely these Extra-Chewy Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies… (!!!)
See even MORE peanut butter insanity here.