This is a sponsored post and I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. However, all opinions are completely mine alone. #SweetenTheSeason #CollectiveBias
These soft and chewy chocolate cookie bars are any chocolate-lover’s dream! Loaded with three kinds of chocolate to satisfy even the biggest sweet tooth.
We seem to have a chocolate-y theme going on this week. You guys totally don’t mind that though right?
See, I’m getting all this chocolate madness out of my system NOW so that next week and the week after I can completely bombard y’all with Thanksgiving fare.
Sidenote: Two weeks from tomorrow = What??? I’m so not ready, but obviously freaking excited. My grandma just ordered the turkeys the other day! And yes, that’s plural. Two insanely huge 20-lb birds are gracing our Thanksgiving dinner.
You might think that sounds like a lot of turkey, but trust me: even that much meat doesn’t last long when you’re feeding 20+ people half of which are bottomless-pit men.
Also, turkey leftovers = the bomb. Turkey soup, turkey sandwiches, turkey casserole. That is all.
Okay, I really didn’t mean to make this post all about Thanksgiving and the fact that it’s sneaking up on me. I’m getting stressed just thinking about it so we should probably move the conversation back over to triple chocolate chewy cookie bars. Cool with ‘ya? Yay!
Do y’all cookie-lovers out there remember these double chocolate-y gems I shared a few years back? They’re making a little comeback today, only we’re switching things up BIG TIME.
The good kinda changes. We’re throwing not one, not two, but THREE kinds of chocolate into the mix, pressing the whole dough ‘shabang into one pan and calling ‘er done!
Soft like a cookie yet chewy, almost like a brookie. ♥ Hold me. ♥
All that drizzle-y goodness on top is yet another chocolate bonus. Hoo-yah!
Naturally, we’d better have some dang good chocolate for our cookie bars and I highly recommend you use Baker’s Unsweetened Chocolate, Semi-Sweet Chocolate, and White Chocolate available in all Walmart’s Bake Centers! It seriously brings out the BEST chocolate flavor in baking and is super inexpensive as well! My pantry is literally never without any Baker’s chocolate. 😉
Now let’s just be honest here: A stack of these cookie bars is pretty much a chocoholic’s dream.
A dream you won’t have to wake up from. These are seriously so easy to throw together you can literally have them on hand 24/7 if you desire so.
But in the event of cookie bar leftovers…pass ’em on over my way. Kay? Cool. 😀
Now. Go forth and get your bake on for REAL!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 oz Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup Baker's White Chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with tin foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until evenly creamed. Beat in egg, vanilla, and cooled melted chocolate until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat flour mixture into liquid until a cookie dough forms (dough will be slightly sticky)
- With greased hands, pat dough evenly into prepared pan. Prick cookie dough with a fork and bake at 350F 18-20 minutes (middle will still be slightly soft---this is ok)
- Cool bars on a wire cooling rack completely. Once cooled, use foil to remove bars from pan. Drizzle bars evenly with melted semisweet and white chocolate. Allow to set 10 minutes then slice bars into squares. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out your local Walmart for your own Bake Centers!