Made completely in the crockpot and ultimately-easy, these three-cheese mashed potatoes are a comforting and absolutely essential Thanksgiving side!
Aaaand aw heck, why not just jam all the aforespoken cheese in the mashed potatoes and call our job here done?
Spoiler alert: I totally already did that for you. Test-run for Thursday, shall we call it? Somebody had to.
Okay friends, we need to chat it up big-time about these three-cheese mashed potatoes. Mostly because of the fact that they’re made entirely in your crockpot. The fact that they’re jammed with three kinds of cheesy heaven. The plain and cold-hard fact that I really cannot stop eating them.
Straight out of the crockpot. With a spoon. SAVE me…
Guys, you’re not even going to believe the level of easiness and yet the level of awesomeness these mashed potatoes hold.
First off: CROCKPOT! If there was ever a magic word when it comes to ginormous amounts of food that all need a hot home on T-day, it’s that.
Because seriously, who has extra oven space for the mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving?? Certainly no kitchen I’ve ever been in on Thanksgiving. Our big oven, stovetop, and all five crockpots (yes, FIVE) are always loaded to capacity with zilch room to spare.
So dang worth it though, because SO MUCH FOOD. ♥
Simply throw a ton of peeled/quartered potatoes in the crock. Top with a little smashed garlic and then you’re all set to let that cook lowly and slowly for a couple hours. Go taste-test the snacks or something else productive. 😉
Then…3 to 4-ish hours later…your potatoes should be very tender and all ready to mash with the good stuff.
Specifically the basic stuff like butter and milk, and then the not-so basic stuff like cheese x3.
Seriously. You’re going to love me for these potatoes. Probably not as much as you’re going to love the ACTUAL potatoes, though. Faceplant city here you come.
And lastly, you KNOW you’ve still got time to add this one to your Thanksgiving feast agenda. And I’m just gonna go ahead and say that you must. 😉
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk, warmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a 3-qt slow-cooker. Arrange smashed garlic on top. Cook potatoes on high 3-4 hours (or on low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are very tender.
- Using an electric handheld mixer (or alternatively a potato masher) beat potatoes until partially mashed. Add cheeses, butter, milk, and salt and pepper to taste to potatoes and beat on medium speed until potatoes are smooth and creamy. Keep potatoes on the *warm* setting in the crockpot until ready to serve.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #wholeandheavenlyoven on Instagram. And follow me so we can be friends! ♥
Did somebody ask for MORE easy T-day sides? I’ve so gotcha!