Use up those Thanksgiving leftovers the easy way with this ultimate leftover turkey cranberry mozzarella panini sandwich.—Lunch is served!
The glorified day-after-Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich. It’s heeeeeeeeere!
And I’m full as most of us probably are, but definitely not full enough to say no to the Sandwich of Destiny.
And duh, I’m going Black Friday shopping in a bit here and need to keep my energy up. And yes, I know I’m probably crazy for even venturing out of the house today, but…TJ Maxx! And Michael’s. And Old Navy. They draw me in.
Please say a prayer that I don’t get trampled? K, thanks.
So how was y’all’s Thanksgiving? Mine consisted of tons cooking, tons of food and even MORE family/friends eating said food including a surprise, last-minute visit from my big sister and her family which was super-awesome and also A-OK in the food department because as I said, we had lots and even though I gave it my best efforts, I didn’t end up eating it all.
So we still have lots. Oh, glorious leftovers, how I adore thee.
And glorious leftover sandwiches filled with all of the above, I obviously heart you too.
For several important reasons…
- Cheese. There’s no shortage. ♥
- Leftover turkey. All the dark meat you can get your hands on!
- Kale. Because we need just a liiiiittle green in between all the cheese.
- Cranberry sauce. Trust me on this one.
Post-Thanksgiving diets you say? What are those and why do I not feel inclined to meet them?
Trust me on this one, guys. You + this turkey cranberry mozzarella panini = your destiny. You are SO destined to do the following. →
Make, eat, and repeat until turkey-day leftovers are no more. 😀
- 4 slices leftover turkey
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Layer turkey, cranberry sauce, kale, and cheese between 2 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread to form a sandwich. Spread both sides of bread with softened butter.
- Grill panini on a panini press OR in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, flipping once until bread is golden and cheese is melted about 5 minutes. Enjoy immediately!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #wholeandheavenlyoven on Instagram. And follow me so we can be friends! ♥