Add a holiday twist to your coffee with this homemade eggnog coffee creamer! It’s so much better AND lighter on the calories than store-bought, and also makes the best gift!
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that because of the fact that the calendar is now saying that it’s December means that eggnog is officially back in style.
Also —> The fact that there’s now snow on the ground because it literally snowed over a FOOT here a few weekends ago. Not entirely sure how I feel about that yet…
Sooo yup, I’m breaking out the cups of eggnog and multiple pieces of cranberry bread and not looking back.
See Exhibit A for that one time last year when I went all crazy and made my own eggnog and never touched the storebought stuff again.
See Exhibit B for that one time three days ago when I went even CRAZIER and made homemade eggnog coffee creamer. And like 5 times since then.
For reals, my cups of boring coffee rejoiced. And I died a little inside because LOOK! —> —> —>
It probably goes without saying that this eggnog creamer is a pretty great thing to have on hand for all those holiday guests to spike their coffee with. OH! And pair it with this cake, these cookies, or omg this, this and fo’ sure THIS and you’re ready to take a trip to cozy town. And never return.
If you can bear to part with a single drop, you could even *gasp* give it away as gifts. I wouldn’t exactly be familiar with that last option though. #sharinggoals.
We pour. Then we gulp.
Because tis the season for such things. ♥
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring sugar, water, molasses, and spices to a boil and stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved and mixture is syrupy. Reduce heat to medium and slowly whisk in half-and-half cream until smooth.
- Bring creamer to a low simmer, stirring occasionally until creamer is heated through. Remove from heat and whisk in extracts. Enjoy coffee creamer immediately with coffee OR cool completely and store in jars in refrigerator.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #wholeandheavenlyoven on Instagram. And follow me so we can be friends! ♥
Need more coffee inspiration? Take your pick!