Coated in a gingerbread-spiced caramel sauce and drizzled with plenty of white chocolate, this dynamite caramel popcorn is nearly impossible to stop eating!
Snacktime is getting completely out of control today. This caramel popcorn. It is out.of.control.awesome.
You probably hate me right now. You’re probably like, whyyyyyy, Sarah? Whyyyy are you doing this to me?
I’m sorry, but snacktime is still totally in session. Either get on board the caramel popcorn train now or I’ll eat it all and probably not even save you the kernels.
So once upon a time, gingerbread spices met caramel. Said caramel met popcorn and the whole shebang then decided to hang out with white chocolate drizzle.
All of the above lived happily ever after in my can’t-stop-won’t-stop handfuls.
To die for. This popcorn is literally TO DIE FOR. The spiced caramel sauce is literally heaven and coats every single piece of popcorn. And the melted white chocolate drizzle. 😍 😍 😍
Besides being totally gorgeous, it’s just the icing on the cake. Or the popcorn. The perfect-o finish.
I currently have waaaaay too much of this popcorn within reach. Now accepting applications for someone, ANYONE to come take it all away before I do something I will probably regret.
All you need to know about this popcorn is that it’s add-ict-ing. You WILL eat it all if you allow yourself to, and that’s just that.
Invest in some good stretchy pants is my last piece of advice for you today. You’re gonna need ’em.
Sorry again, but not really. 😉
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- In an airpopper, pop popcorn kernels and place in a large bowl. Preheat oven to 250F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in sugar, agave, spices, and salt until smooth. Cook caramel over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved and caramel is bubbly and thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove caramel from heat and whisk in vanilla and baking soda.
- Immediately pour hot caramel over popcorn and gently stir until popcorn is evenly coated. Spread popcorn evenly on two prepared baking sheets. Bake popcorn at 250F 1 hour until popcorn is crispy and caramel is golden. Drizzle popcorn with melted white chocolate and let stand 30 minutes to set before breaking into pieces. Enjoy!
More snacks you need like yesterday. ♥