Made completely in the food processor and both sugar AND butter-free, this cookie dough bark is an easier and healthier holiday dessert option.—it’s seriously so addicting!
Everything snacky and sweet clearly holds zero limits this week. We’re all cool with that though, right?
Just say yes. It’s always the right answer when we’re talking about cookie dough bark, here. c’mon!
In other news…Guys, you are so in for cookie dough ride of your LIFE today.
Sorry to be doing this to you but sweets know no bounds once December and the snow come around. I need something to keep my spirits up and everything sweet just takes care of the job pretty nicely.
Really though, I should seriously stop doing this to myself. Things like this cookie dough bark should NEVER be within even a 10-mile radius of Sarah.
It tends to just disappear at an alarming rate of speed and we’ll just leave it at that.
I guess we should just thank our lucky stars that this cookie dough bark happens to be HEALTHY. Otherwise you and I would have no excuse not to eat the entire batch. 😉
Which should totally be your goal for the weekend. Priorities, duh! Get with the cookie dough program.
Now that I’m done with all those pathetic confessions about my relationship with this bark, we should talk. More about the cookie dough bark, obviously.
Guys, I KNOW I say this so much, but I totally mean it this time. This bark is purely magic. It’s MAGIC! It’s completely butter-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, paleo, AND dairy-free just for starters. It makes itself completely within minutes in the food processor. It only requires a quick 30-minute chill time.
And cashews. They’re the star and they’re what gives the bark it’s cookie dough kinda-texture. Also I ♥ them with all my soul.
The texture is kinda like a cross between fudge and chocolate chip cookie dough. Uhhh, or we could just call it pure perfection. ♥
Like I said, sweets know zero limits in December. So, shucks, we should just follow the rules and eat all the cookie dough bark already. 😉
- 3 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Place cashews in a food processor and process 2-3 minutes or until cashews break down into smooth cashew butter. Add coconut oil, agave, flour, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla to cashew butter and pulse several times until mixture is smooth like the consistency of cookie dough. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scrape mixture into a parchment paper-lined 9x13 baking pan and press into pan until smooth. Freeze cookie dough bark 30 minutes or until solid. Cut into pieces and store in freezer until ready to serve.
How ’bout some more healthy no-bake goodies??