These mini-sized pear cranberry crisps are a breeze to throw together and you won’t be able to resist the gooey fruit filling and crisp buttery streusel! No sharing necessary.
Here we go! Round 2.0 of the personal-sized palooza, guys! Specially created for all those who hate sharing dessert. Admit it, you’re one of them. We all are.
Sharing is caring except when we’re talking about dessert. The brutally honest but simple truth.
And yeah, I’m desperately hoping that’s not just me with that totally mature mindset going on.
Okay, this is so not how I meant to start this post. Let’s start this thing over. Oh my gosh, guys, these crisps! Are they blowing your mind yet? Because mine has totally blown up into 1.5 million pieces.
Before we get into the recipe I should probably tell you that there’s a slightly tragic story behind these crisps. Want to hear it? The first time I tested this recipe, I was not-so-carefully removing the ramekins from the oven and in my excited haste something terrible happened.
One of the perfect little crisps bit the dust. All over the bottom of my oven. Bam, just like that an innocent crisp was destroyed forever. Not to mention my just-cleaned oven was now sporting a lovely layer of streusel in every square inch.
It was awful and I’m not gonna lie, I may have even bawled.
Rest in peace, little crisp and rest assured that you were probably delicious. Your brothers and sisters most definitely were.
Okay, no more tears. Let’s talk about happy stuff! Like the fact that these pear cranberry crisps are EVERYTHING and totally calling your name right now.
Like seriously, check it out. —>
- Gooey and sweet with just a liiiiittle tart cranberry pear filling. Ugh, it’s so perfect. ♥
- Piles of buttery, oat-loaded streusel topping. Legit piles, friends. The perfect ratio of streusel to filling in a perfect world.
- And lastly the obvious and previously-spoken fact that we’re give all of the above a mini twist. ‘Cause that’s how we ROLL.
Lookit’ that CRUMB! Gaze upon that goo!
Honestly? I would take one of these pear cranberry crisps over a brownie any day. And guys, you should probably know that that is usually SO not me. What is even happening??
I think the mini size done got me hooked. That and the fact that I’m ridiculously addicted to streusel as you probably know.
And whipped cream on top. It’s required. I require it and so do you.
Now I’m ‘layin down an alpha command that you have GOT to make these pear cranberry crisps right now. You shall not regret this spur-of-the-moment decision.
Please eat an extra one or two for me. ♥
- 3 medium ripe but slightly firm pears, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Ice cream or whipped cream for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 4 8-oz ramekins and set aside.
- Make the filling: In a medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients until evenly combined. Divide filling evenly between prepared ramekins.(filling should come up the brim)
- Make the topping: In a small bowl oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a fork or pastry cutter until topping is crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over pear-cranberry filling and gently press to adhere crumbs. Bake crisps at 350F 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden. Cool several minutes on a wire cooling rack, then serve crisps warm with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
In the mood for more MINI stuff? Check these babies out!