Drizzled with plenty of tangy orange glaze and packed with tons of cozy spices, this super-moist gingerbread bundt cake makes an impressive AND easy holiday dessert!
CAKE! Let them eat caaaaaake! Or more specifically…let me eat this gingerbread bundt cake every day til the day I die.
Friends, for a girl who was only just recently slightly petrified of cakes and anything that omg, involved me actually MAKING a cake, I have to say that I think I’ve made significant progress in conquering my cake-phobia.—this is cake number THREE in the space of only a few months.
And it’s a doozy. Seriously, the dooziest one yet.
We’re so going out of gingerbread season with a bang and that is this cake.
Sidenote: Am I the only one completely broken up about saying see ya next year to gingerbread, eggnog, cranberries, and COOKIES 24/7? Like, all the tears here, guys.
Just to clarify though, that last one that is cookies will probably still be hanging around and tempting/tormenting all of us all year.
But hey, that’s probably a little cookie foreshadow that 2016 is gonna ROCK!
Let’s try to focus now on making the remainder of 2015 amazing. And the only way you’re gonna do that is to make this gingerbread bundt cake. Seriously, it’s a dessert GAME-CHANGER. It makes it’s apple cousin look like child’s play. And obviously makes you look like a cake genius.
It’s literally the softest cake you’ll ever sink your teeth into. Jam-packed with cozy gingerbread spices. And it kinda just tastes like a big ‘ol piece of the holidays. 😉
Oh, OH! And citrus-y orange glaze. See exhibit B.
Oh, that glaze…I just want to hug it.
Guys, if a cake-phobic girl like me can make this gorgeous cake, ANYONE can. Trust me, it’s sooooo much easier than it looks, you won’t even believe it.
Promise me you’ll try it and promise that you’ll send me physical evidence in the form of MORE CAKE.
🎂 🎂 That’s what real friends do. Cake soul-mates you and I! 😋😋
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and lightly flour a 9-in tube pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. In a separate large bowl, beat oil, sugar, molasses, eggs, yogurt, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake bundt cake at 350F 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool cake on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a medium bowl whisk powdered sugar, orange zest, and just enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency.
- Remove cooled cake from pan and place on a serving plate, Drizzle with glaze. Let stand 5 minutes then serve.
See my other bundt cake obsessions below. —>