Roasted almonds, dark chocolate, and homemade caramel come together in these dark chocolate caramel almond clusters that whip up in minutes for whenever that sweet tooth craving hits!
Are we all cookie-ed and generally all things sweet-ed out yet, guys? I’m absolutely not. My sweet tooth is running on ALL cylinders right now and I have no choice but to give it what it wants.
And that would currently be chocolate + caramel. In the form of dark chocolate caramel almond clusters. Eat. Repeat.
I sincerely hope you’re not over sweets yet either because I come bearing totally the simplest New Years Eve party finger food dessert in all the land.
Also the most addicting stuff EVER because salad doesn’t come a’knockin til January. 😛
And I refuse to open the salad door until January 1st. We have a solid four days of the sweet-palooza left and there’s still LOTS of cookies and chocolate yet to be eaten.
Like, seriously. My list of must-eat-sweets goes on for days, but it mostly consists of me eating these dark chocolate caramel almond clusters as many times as humanely possible.
Let’s put everything in bullet points, shall we? It makes everything so neat and orderly for the OCD inside all of us. I’m weird, moving on…
- Dark chocolate. Oh glory, I eat the stuff practically daily.
- Caramel. Simple, no-frills, and no candy thermometer-needed caramel sauce that will quite frankly change your life.
- Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Almonds. Oh, geez. Sweet ‘n’ salty lovers REJOICE!
What’s next? Mix caramel sauce into almonds. Drop into little clusters on parchment paper. Drizzle with waterfalls of dark chocolate. Chill for a little bit and your job is DONE here.
Go concentrate on those cocktails. *multiple winks*
Also, you should probably get your fat pants ready to do their duty. You are NOT going to be able stop eating these clusters and that’s just a fact.
A sad, sad fact that to be honest, I’m not really too sad about at the moment. 😉
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Roasted Almonds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in sugar and agave and bring mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally until caramel is golden brown and slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda, vanilla, and almonds.
- Working quickly, use a cookie scoop to scoop almond/caramel mixture into 1-in clusters onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle clusters with melted dark chocolate and chill 30-60 minutes until clusters are firm. Enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds, however all opinions are completely mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Whole and Heavenly Oven running!
Let’s get the healthy candy party started! Try these ones next!