These addicting chicken nuggets are SO extra-crispy on the outside, you won’t believe that they’re oven-baked! Dip ’em in a tangy honey mustard dip for the best Superbowl appetizer ever.
I’m just now realizing that I’d better get my Superbowl game on for REAL now, guys…they tell me there’s a big game coming up a week from Sunday.
Just to clarify, I have no idea what the status is for the actual GAME game that the men insist blare on TV all day on Sundays, since my only concern about any of this Superbowl nonsense is bringing out my food game.
I’ve been practicing my food game, guys. Want to see? It starts with healthy chicken nuggets and ends with healthy chicken nuggets.
With some honey mustard dipping sauce somewhere in between.
Friends, I’ve been meaning to share this recipe with y’all chicken freaks for likely over 6 months now. Meaning to, which really means that they’re just too addicting and wonderful and I feared that I would not survive through a photoshoot without those chicken nugget binge regrets.
I decided that would just have to be one of those occupational hazards that I pretend to hate. No really, haaaaate those chicken nugget binges. Promise.
So are you guys ready for your mind to be blown into 190923 pieces and possibly even more? These chicken nuggets are absolutely gonna do it, so get ready.
Check this out, friends. —>
- They’re baked, not fried and yet, they are NOT soggy and bland. ↑
- They’re super-duper crispy and even TASTE like they’ve been fried. I love my faux frier called my oven. 😉
- They bring easy to the PEASY. You can prep everything in advance, then just coat the nuggets and throw ’em the oven at the last minute.
- That there honey mustard dip is the bomb.com. Granted, I’m a honey mustard FREAK, but really, guys. It’s so good and you can’t skip it!
- Did I mention these are seriously the crispiest baked nuggets I’ve ever had in my entire life? Goodness gracious…
My two secrets for getting that perfect golden/crispy exterior every single time?
- Bake them at a very high temperature. —425F 18-20 minutes. Done!
- Flip ’em halfway through baking. —It’s key in getting that perfect crispiness!
Pretty much the only advice I have left for you today is to make these, fall in love with them, and make an executive decision not to share them. Unless you’ve learned chicken nugget etiquette, and in that case…teach me your ways.
Oh, wait…don’t. It’s all good with me.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken breasts, patted dry, and cut into 1-in cubes
- 3 cups breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- HONEY MUSTARD DIP:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Pour melted butter in the bottom of a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and flour. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine toasted breadcrumbs, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, paprika, and Parmesan. Whisk egg whites and 2 tablespoons water in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken pieces in egg white mixture, a few at a time, then transfer to breadcrumb bag, seal and shake until nuggets are coated. Repeat with remaining chicken and place chicken nuggets in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken nuggets at 425F 18-20 minutes, flipping nuggets once halfway through baking, until chicken is a deep golden brown.
- Make the honey mustard dip: In a small bowl, whisk all dip ingredients until smooth. Serve with hot chicken nuggets. Enjoy!
Need some more game-day munchies? Check these ones out!