You’ll never make your pot roast ANY other way again after trying it Italian-style with lots of tender root veggies! The ultimate healthy comfort food.
Hard-core comfort food in your face today. For die-hard cozy food enthusiasts ONLY!
That would obviously be me and I’m hoping the majority of y’all people out there who are freezing their tail off as much as I am right now. I feel your pain and I’m here to help. *passes bowls of pot roast around to everybody*
So friends. How are we all loving crockpot week so far? Have you tried any or all of the recipes from the past few days?
Truth be told, I think my mom is loving this week more than anyone else. We currently have a freezer full of prospective dinners from all the crockpot leftovers and that makes her life easier and makes her very happy with her favorite daughter.
Let’s be honest here: The favorite daughter is always the one who makes the food. Sorry, Lora, Ruthie, Abby, and Rachel.
Okay, I’ll stop my gloating and do more talking about the actual pot roast.
Can we be real here? Pot roast is really just the best thing ever. And guys, that’s coming from a not-so-die-hard beef fan. I can give or take steak, but fall-apart-juicy-tender pot roast that cooks itself to perfection ALL day alongside equally-perfect soft, tender veggies?
I’m about ready to do a swan dive into the crockpot to proclaim my love.
This pot roast is your average go-go-GO busy person’s dream to make. All the root veggies can be chopped up the night before for easy prep the next morning when you’re running out the door. Simply throw the veggies and a boneless chuck roast (cut in half!) in your crockpot. Pour a jar of pasta sauce over everything and then let ‘er cook away all day!
And wow, the smells that will greet you when you walk in the door that night might truly knock you over.
Are you feeling the cozy food love right now as much as I am? Eat that love up.
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, and 2-in diced
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled, and 2-in diced
- 1 medium turnip, peeled, and 2-in diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and 2-in diced
- 1 medium onion, 2-in diced
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24) oz jar pasta sauce
- Minced fresh basil for topping
- Arrange parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes, and onion around edges of a greased 5-qt slow cooker. Season chuck roast on both sides with salt and pepper. Nestle in the middle of slow cooker around the vegetables and sprinkle minced garlic on top.
- Pour pasta sauce over roast. Cover and let cook on low 7-8 hours until vegetables are tender and beef easily shreds with a fork. Sprinkle minced basil on top and serve pot roast warm. Enjoy!
Let’s get this crockpot party STARTED! ♥