These ultimately-chewy oatmeal cookies are a texture-lover’s DREAM! Lots of coconut, oats, nuts, and white chocolate all wrapped up into one addicting cookie.
Happy day-after-the-first day of SPRING, guys! Winter is *unofficially* over and we shall be celebrating heartily today with the best oatmeal cookies.
The best, and I mean it. Granted, I have like 10340 (or like 5) oatmeal cookie variations in the ‘ol recipe index, but today’s new one is most definitely the current favorite.
Brief sidenote: Spring break for yours truly began on Thursday and WOO to the HOO, guys, I passed all my midterms! You can eat a cookie with me to celebrate. 😉
Now after a weekend of chillaxing and Netflixing, I’m hopping on a plane in Milwaukee this afternoon to go hang with my big sister in Topeka for the week. So apologies if I’m not too active on the blog this week, guys. I’ve got all my daily posts scheduled out to post, but for the most part I’m going to try to disconnect from technology as much I can this week. We’ll see how that one goes…
End sidenote, begin exhaustive rant about my favorite cookies in the universe.
Guys, these are real-deal oatmeal cookies. They’re loaded with ALL the things and it’s nothing short of glorious cookie wizardry. These are seriously the CHEWIEST, thickest cookies I’ve had in forever.
What’s the magic involved? White chocolate, because it’s my fav and an overabundance of coconut, oats, and nuts for that texture freak in ALL of us.
In other words, every single thing I could possibly squeeze into an innocent little oatmeal cookie. It’s how I roll. When in doubt, throw it all in the mixing bowl, cross your fingers and hope it works out.
It almost always does, guys. —>
Quite possibly my favorite part about these glorious little things? It’s a no-chill dough and you’re literally ready for cookie-munching/gorging in less than 20 minutes.
And because of that terrifying amount of easy, I’m honestly considering cookies for second breakfast and/or elevensies today. Because my latte is lonely and we can’t have that.
Can I say anything else to convince you that you’ve GOT TO try these? Make your Monday and maybe even the course of this entire week a cookie one.
In which case, I’m coming to your house armed with lattes to make both our lives complete.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a large stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, oats, coconut, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to mixer and beat on medium speed until mixture forms a dough. Stir in pecans and white chocolate.
- Shape dough into 1-in balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Flatten balls slightly. Bake cookies at 350F 9-11 minutes until lightly golden (cookies will still appear soft in the middle---this is ok) Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Make sure you try my other oatmeal cookies next, friends! ♥
(highly praised by readers!)