Spaghetti carbonara with a healthy spring twist! These easy noodles are extra-creamy and loaded with roasted broccoli and lots of lemon goodness.
It’s a Monday thing, guys. Pasta. Carbs. Roasty-toasty green goodness. Just go with it.
So it’s been awhile since we’ve done noodles around here. Exactly two weeks if you want to be precise. In other words, like two million weeks if we’re talking noodle weeks here.
What’s a noodle-aholic to do? Make a dang awesome spaghetti carbonara and shove it all in your face on the longest day of the entire week, which is obvi Monday.
We make good life choices around here, peeps. We’re really, really smart with our carbs. 😀
Hence, the fact that we’re doing CARB-onara today. You’ve just gotta love word destiny like that.
The thing is though, guys. I brought you spaghetti carbonara minus all that carb guilt. Lots of green to balance everything out.
Plus lemon + roasty-toasty garlicky broccoli + noodles = one very glorious, guilt-free pot of SPRING-themed carb-o-mania that, let’s face it: we’re all wishing we could faceplant into as of right now.
These = a legit pot ‘o spring. At this time, I’d like to invite you to drool. It’s A-OK.
I can’t even handle this spaghetti carbonara, guys…I just can’t…it’s too perfect and I’m too in love to say much more so I think we should just get on with our carb-shoveling business.
I’m taking the faceplant dive first, friends. You can join me when you’re ready for your Monday to be made.
Seriously, I’m going now. Come with me!!
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb spaghetti pasta
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a large baking sheet, toss broccoli florets, olive oil, and garlic together until coated. Spread broccoli in an even layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast broccoli at 400F 15-20 minutes until broccoli is tender. Keep warm and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and eggs until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Working quickly while pasta is still hot, pour egg mixture over hot noodles and gently toss until noodles are evenly coated. Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, roasted broccoli, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve spaghetti carbonara immediately while hot and creamy. Enjoy!
Be sure and try my classic spaghetti carbonara next time!