Classic biscuits with a mini sweet-style twist! These little pastries are loaded with mini chocolate chips and frosted to absolute biscuit perfection.—Made in one bowl in only 20 minutes!
Chocolate chip biscuits drowning in glaaaaaaaaze, these are a few of my favorite things. ♥
Rhyming is overrated and also impossible for me. You get my point on these. → →
Yep, I’m almost certain you do.
So don’t freak out on me guys: I’m kinda jumping the gun a little bit this year on Mother’s Day brunch recipes. And this is because I came to the realization a few weeks ago that Mother’s Day is only a few DAYS after Cinco de Mayo and both food-fest days are coming up FAST.
Like time, please slow the heck down. How is April even half over?? How are there only six weeks left in my second semester??
So just to forewarn: you might find the next few weeks to be a mishmash of muffins and tacos and coffee cake and quesadillas as I try to evenly distribute my love for national guacamole enthusiasts day on May 5th and Mom’s day brunch three days later. Prepare those tastebuds to go on a weird ride.
Can I tell you about these chocolate chip biscuits now? But first things first. Somebody puhleeeeeze come over and remove the remaining 5 or 6 biscuits from my immediate reach. Seriously. Because if someone doesn’t, then you can bet I’m not gonna make it to the end of this post without inflicting permanent damage on my piddly biscuit supply.
Y’all are aware with my biscuit obsession, yes? Up until now we did biscuits savory, but TODAY. We’re crossing over to the sweet + MINI side.
That involves chocolate. That also involves glaze. This = some form of legit mini biscuit heaven.
These are kinda like a cross between a scone and a biscuit and trust me: it’s 120% glorious. 😄😄😄
Are these biscuits not screaming Mother’s Day brunch to you right now?? For starters, they’re completely adorbs and fit right in on a brunch tray. This recipe is also seriously the easiest to whip up and makes a TON of little biscuits that are perfect for a crowd of hungry peeps.
Or perfect for midnight snacking, population 1 hungry peep.
You get me. ✌️✌️
In case you’re wondering: these biscuits = 100% gone as of 5 seconds ago. 😢😢😢
- 2-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or your fingers until butter is in pea-sized clumps. Add milk and chocolate chips and gently stir until a shaggy ball of dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a lightly-floured surface and gently knead several times until dough forms a smooth ball. Roll dough out to 1-in thickness and cut out biscuits using a 2-in biscuit cutter. Place biscuits 1-in apart upside-down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits at 425F 11-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool biscuits on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until a thick glaze forms. Drizzle glaze over cooled biscuits and let set 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Let me take you to BISCUIT land!!