Fresh raspberries, whipped cream, and mini chocolate chips stuffed between 3 layers of ultra-fluffy mini chocolate pancakes! These pancake stacks are a brunch must-have.
I’m a firm believer in brunch this week, guys. You’ve noticed haven’t you? Waffles, crepes, and now pancakes. I’m pretty sure we’ve touched nearly every corner of brunch in this week alone.
And it’s completely deliberate. I’m giving you ALL of the options for Mother’s Day brunchin’ in only a little over a week.
*cough cough* to those of y’all that haven’t completely nailed down the brunch menu yet. Me included even when I’m making brunch for nearly 20. Send this procrastinator heeeeeeelp!
And motivation when the week is draaaaaaagging and it’s still only Thursday. Send me motivation and encouragement in the form of mini chocolate raspberry pancake stacks. *virtual fist bump*
Do you guys remember these pancake stacks from over the summer? You know, that one time I put strawberry shortcake in pancake stack form and our lives were made complete? Yep, I did that and today we are absolutely doing Part II of the Pancake Stack Saga.
Stick around, friends. It promises to be the bomb.
So guys, don’t let the multiple layers of these pancakes freak you out. I promise you from the bottom of my heart that lots of layers only = lots of happiness. No extra work on your part.
Yep, these stacks are ALL about the layers and that’s what makes them so fun. Pillowy whipped cream, tons of juicy fresh raspberries, no shortage of mini chocolate chips, and of course, our shining little mini pancake stars. ♥
Three extremely-loaded layers later…we’re ready to go live in pancake stack town for the rest of our lives.
I’m currently packing as we speak for my one-way trip to pancake paradise.
Yup, bye. You may not see me for awhile.
Crazy idea: JOIN ME!! 😘😘😘
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jelly
- 1-1/2 cups whipped cream
- Mini chocolate chips for sprinkling
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. In a separate large bowl, whisk agave, egg, milk, and vanilla. Whisk flour mixture into liquid until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a lightly-greased nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pancakes in batches by 2 tablespoonfuls on hot skillet. Transfer cooked pancakes to a serving plate.
- Assemble the pancake stacks: In a small bowl, combine raspberries and jelly. Spoon whipped cream, raspberry mixture, and mini chocolate chips in between three mini pancakes and place on a serving tray. Repeat with remaining pancakes. Enjoy!
Need more pancake ideas? Try these!