Kickin’ grilled chicken, sweet pineapple, and lots of Mexican goodness collide in these super-loaded salad bowls.—A zippy chipotle vinaigrette drizzled on top makes all the flavors sing!
If there’s anything I know how to do well it would definitely be my salad-loading skills. Guys, that is one loaded personal-sized bowl of salad.
Many heads of lettuce were harmed in the making of this post. Can’t stop, won’t stop because salad season is officially upon us and I’m about ready to go live in this bowl. y’all.
So here’s the deal today, guys: You + these salad bowls = the best Cinco de Mayo you’ve ever had in your entire life. Here is your proof. ↓↓
And while we’re on that subject…seriously, how completely FUN is it that this month’s 30-Minute Thursday falls on Cinco de Mayo?? It’s easy Mexi-food destiny, y’all.
And it is most definitely your destiny to eat all of the tropical-y grilled chicken Mexican salad bowls.
Are you noticing the fact that I sneakily threw the word grilled into my overwhelming description of these bowls? Guys, it’s just time. I’ve secretly been grilling for about a month now, testing out oodles of recipes for the blog this summer and it’s absolutely high time you start seeing them.
Sidenote: the first time I grilled this spring it may have only been 33 degrees and I may have even been wearing my winter coat. Dedication, guys.
So let me give you the run-down on these salad bowls…
- Kickin’ cajun-rubbed chicken is grilled to smoky and slightly-spicy perfection.
- Chicken gets tossed in a bowl of GREEN.
- With oodles of fresh pineapple.
- And black beans and sweet peppers and tomatoes.
- And avocado. Because, YES!
- Smoky ‘n’ spicy homemade chipotle vinaigrette joins our wild Mexican party.
And let the party commence. That’s the polite way of saying move-outta-my-way-now-and-let-me-at-it.
Salad manners don’t exist here, guys. Or anywhere? Maybe just me on that one…
I’ll say it again just to reiterate the importance, friends: You + these salad bowls + today. MAKE.IT.HAPPEN!
Tropical Grilled Chicken Mexican Salad Bowls
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups fresh pineapple diced
- 1 avocado cored and diced
- 1 can 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet pepper diced
- 1 large tomato cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons diced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat a grill to medium-high. Rub chicken breasts with Cajun seasoning. Grill chicken over medium-high heat, turning once until chicken registers 165F degrees on a thermometer, about 10 minutes. Allow chicken to cool slightly, then cut into cubes.
Divide lettuce, chicken, pineapple, and avocado between serving bowls. In a small bowl, combine black beans, pepper, tomato, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, then divide mixture between serving bowls.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, mustard, syrup, chipotle, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle dressing over bowls and serve salad. Enjoy!
Be sure you visit all the other blogger’s awesome 30-minute Thursday recipes!