This colorful Southwestern-style taco dip will be the biggest hit of your party.—So many layers of homemade guacamole and all your favorite taco toppings!
So I would be lying if I told you I didn’t almost make a meal out of this taco dip.
Because as I’m sure you all are fully aware —>>>> “I’ll just have one chip…”
Said no human being ever.
In other fantastic news…it’s a dip kinda Tuesday! And I obviously brought that ONE dip that all your summer cookouts, parties, and generally just any-‘ol-day are going to absolutely require.
I’m going to proclaim that taco dip is a requirement for any and every day. I’m layin’ down the dip law, peeps.
Let me show you how to make it happen. —>
First, we make the best twist on taco dip your tastebuds will ever see. This involves layer up on layer upon LAYER of taco goodness in your most heavy-duty dip bowl.
I had to use a pie plate you’ll notice. My amount of dip was almost-but-not-quite overwhelmingly gigantic.
Hiding underneath all those Southwestern-style dip ‘fixins you see on top…we have not one, not two, but THREE layers of (a) homemade guacamole (b) sour cream (c) salsa.— We go BIG dip flavors or go home!!
And if you’re not going home…well, you might as well hang out in the taco dip bowl.
Chips = totally optional here. I’d be lying through my teeth if I told you industrial-sized tasting spoons did not enter this dip.
↑↑ THIS. Be a smart dip devourer.
- 3 medium ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- Juice from 1 lime (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Place avocado, lime juice, and garlic in a medium bowl. Mash until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread guacamole into a serving dish and spread sour cream and salsa over top.
- In a small bowl, combine beans, corn, tomato, olives, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread evenly on top of dip.
- Refrigerate dip until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Need more dip ideas? You’ve GOT to try this Green Chile Sweet Corn Queso Dip!