Simple grilled steak and pepper kebabs with just a little kick of spice that go perfectly with a cool and creamy avocado dip.—These steak kebabs are SO easy to make!
Can we bask for a moment in the season that is now upon us? Ahhhhhh…grilling season how I 💖💖 thee.
Not that this is like my first grilling experience of the year or anything crazy like that. Oh, NO. This is like the eleventy billionth time I’ve proclaimed my love of the grill in just May alone.
I fear for my grill’s non-existent warranty before we’re even to the 4th of July to be honest, guys.
What haven’t we slapped on the grill yet in this grill-lover’s oasis that we call my blog? Kebabs, guys. We haven’t done some dang-good ‘kickin steak kebabs!
Also…I must ask: Kabobs vs. Kebabs. Why are there two different spellings and can someone please explain to my confused brain the difference? My family always called them kabobs, but I’m preeeeetty sure that’s incorrect. Google tells me that kebabs is the politically correct term for food on a stick.
Call ’em what you will. I couldn’t care less. All I care about is the fact that you make these steak kebabs either today, tomorrow, or sometime over the course of the holiday weekend. I’m for real commanding it like the bossy pants I truly am.
Let’s talk about the HEAT for a moment. Make no mistake about it, these steak kebabs pack a KICK! They’re not overwhelmingly spicy, but feel free to dial back on the heat if you’ve got them wimpy kid tastebuds.
Those of you who like to ride the spicy train…you’re more than welcome to pump up the heat. Just make sure you’re wearing your seat belt and you’ve got a few margaritas nearby.
Also…avocado dip! So simple, yet I couldn’t imagine these kebabs without it! Sour cream, avocado, and a little lime juice take a wild ride in the food processor and then come out ready to do their kebab-dipping-but-mostly-eating-by-the-spoon duty.
I’m impartial there. Both ways suffice for me—you decide your preferred method. Steak on a stick or spoon…hmm.
For reals. Isn’t grilling season just the best, best, BEST, y’all? My hair currently smells like I’ve been grilling all day, but my belly says it’s WORTH IT.
Now about those margs…come back tomorrow. 😝😝
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb beef flank steak, cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice seasoning
- 2 large sweet peppers, large-diced
- 1 medium onion, large diced
- AVOCADO DIP:
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss beef in olive oil until coated. Add Cajun seasoning and toss until evenly coated. Skewer beef cubes, sweet pepper, and onion on kebab sticks.
- Grill kebabs on a grill over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until beef registers 150F and veggies are tender, about 8 minutes. Keep kebabs warm while you make the avocado dip.
- In a food processor, pulse all dip ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve beef kebabs warm with avocado dip. Enjoy!
If you’re a kebab freak…I’m gonna INSIST you try these Jerk Chicken Kebabs!!