This pesto spaghetti is like summer in a dinner bowl.—Extra-creamy avocado pesto and smoky grilled corn takes your pesto pasta over the top in the flavor department!
So I’m taking a poll y’all. How would you classify a hypothetical person’s obsession with pesto? Serious or not-so serious? Slightly disturbing or totally normal? Plain weird or plain awesome?
No, seriously. I’m asking for…a friend. 🙈🙈🙈
So about this pesto pasta, guys…it’s totally fitting right into our hello-SUMMER theme we’ve got going this week. That and also the fact that I figured you might need something obnoxiously green to make you feel better about all those hamburgers and bowls of ice cream you enjoyed over the long weekend but are probably not enjoying thinking about now.
I feel you. Long holiday weekends are pretty much a death sentence to diets. Greeeeeeeeen to the rescue!!
If we wanna get real here for a sec I should tell you that a post-weekend diet that consists of carbs is definitely nothing to complain about. I understand you and you understand me.
I also understand that I can be pretty convincing when I wanna be. How am I doing right now?
So let’s get to our green business. First thing you should know is that there’s pretty much just THREE steps involved in making summer’s finest pesto pasta. –> –>
- Cook off your spaghetti.
- Make your creamy, flavorful avocado pesto.
- Throw a few ears of corn on the grill for a few minutes until charred and smoky.
And ohhhhh heavens, I feel a pesto swoon coming on.
Seriously. Look at how creamy! Look at all that green gold!
Don’t look at me currently doing a doing a cannonball into this bowl of green glory. ♥♥
- 2 cups loosely-packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ears sweet corn, silk and husks removed
- 1 lb hot spaghetti pasta, cooked according to package instructions and 1/2 cup cooking water reserved
- Place spinach, basil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan, and avocado in a food processor. With food processor running, drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil through the top until pesto is smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary. Season pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush ears of corn with remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Grill over medium-high heat until corn is slightly charred, turning occasionally. When corn is cool enough to handle, cut the corn off the cobs.
- Assemble the pasta: Toss hot pasta with pesto and grilled corn. Drizzle reserved 1/2 cup cooking water into pasta and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Let me take you to PESTO land!!