A flavorful greek marinade and plenty of zesty homemade chimichurri sauce take these grilled chicken tacos over the top in summer flavors! These tacos are so easy, they’ll have a permanent spot on your dinner menu!
So I’ve come upon a recent realization that chicken tacos are just a good way to Monday.
Any thoughts or opinions disagreeing or differing from that statement? I didn’t think so.
When in doubt, guys…taco a Monday. You’ll be glad you did because obviously you’ll be in the taco mood and all set for the actual weekday set aside for tacos which is taco Tuesday.
Make sense? To be honest, it sounded a lot more reasonable in my taco-possessed mind.
But things like this don’t even really have to make sense. They just really have to be in your life today. —> —>
In other exciting Monday news…it’s time for another dinner series, y’all! Our theme for this week spotlights a cooking method that I’ve been doing literally every.dang.day for the past three weeks. Give up? It’s grilling, guys. This week’s dinners are ALL about that glorious summer thing called grilling.
Psssst…how convenient is it that this particular dinner series coincides almost directly with Father’s Day next weekend?? Nearly all dads are grill masters right?? Or strive to be?? That’s going to be a total deal breaker when I meet my guy someday. He’s gotta know his way around a grill. 😆😆😆
So to all you awesome dads or wives of dads who want to get their guys to cook…you need to hang with me this week.
First on our grill agenda…obviously chicken tacos! But that’s not all…we’ve got all the big flavors covered today. —>
Easy-peasy Greek-marinated chicken + even easier and PEASIER homemade chimichurri sauce + grill = taco time.
The best math problems are those that equal a taco. <<< TRUTH.
Seriously. The amount of explosive summer flavors in these tacos are going to knock you on your knees.
And I know this probably goes without saying, but MERCY, that chimichurri sauce is positively spoonworthy. I know this based on speculation and nothing more.
Your Monday mission has commenced. Go forth and taco!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- CHIMICHURRI SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour tortillas, lettuce leaves, and halved cherry tomatoes for serving
- Make the marinade: In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper until smooth. Place chicken breasts in a resealable bag and pour marinade over top. Marinade chicken in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Make the chimichurri sauce: Place lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, and sugar in a food processor. With food processor running, drizzle olive oil through top, pulsing until sauce is smooth, scraping down sides if necessary. Season chimichurri sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Store sauce in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Grill the chicken: Remove the chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill chicken over medium-high heat on a grill, turning once until chicken registers 165F, about 10-15 minutes. Once chicken is cool enough to handle, slice into thin strips.
- Assemble the tacos: Place lettuce leaves on flour tortillas and top with chicken and halved cherry tomatoes. Drizzle chimichurri sauce over top of each taco. Enjoy!
The taco insanity doesn’t have to end here. Try these pulled beef tacos next!!