Love the caramel frappuccinos from Starbucks? Save calories AND build up on protein with this lighter caramel mocha frappuccino that uses a homemade caramel syrup for maximum decadent flavors!
Taking a break from all things grilling for a quick minute or two here. It’s coffee ‘o clock, guys!! Hands down, the most-anticipated highlight of my and I’m hoping EVERYONE’s day.
Okaaaaaaay, I realize that maybe coffee doesn’t excite everyone else nearly as much as it does me. But these frappuccinos you see? They should be exciting you a LOT right now.
My excitement is already through the roof. And the fact that I did in fact just finish drinking coffee is neither here nor there.
So let’s talk about your soon-to-be FAV summer sipper. There are so many pros to this drink I don’t even know where to begin.
We’ll begin with my simple statement of YOU MUST MAKE THIS. Always a good starting point.
First off, let’s talk about the main component: I use 1915 Bolthouse Farms Organic Protein Beverages™ as the base for this frappuccino. They come in three flavors, chocolate, coffee, and vanilla and EACH one is absolutely just insanely delish.
I prefer to use the coffee flavor in this frappe, because I obviously have a thing for coffee, but you could totally use any of these flavors! (psssst…scroll on down past the recipe to get enter a giveaway for your chance to win a free box of these beverages!)
You know what this gives me? Protein, a dairy-free option, and last but not least, a HEALTHIER option. The ingredient list in these beverages are pretty minimal and they’re on the clean side. BAM! This makes for a healthier frappe which makes for a happy, happy Sarah.
The second major component is homemade salted caramel sauce. It’s dreamy, it’s spoonworthy, and I could probably think of about 1089 other adjectives to express my affection for it.
Also. I may be drinking these frappuccinos for the rest of my life. Just so you know.
So if everybody else is ready, I’m more than ready for a caramel frappuccino. With mountains of whipped cream piled on top. And homemade caramel sauce drizzled into every nook and cranny of frappe goodness. ♥
Forget sipping. I’m gulping and then making more.
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (or browns sugar)
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (12 oz) 1915 Organic Protein Coffee Beverage
- 1 shot (2 oz) brewed espresso
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1-1/2 cups ice
- Whipped cream and additional caramel sauce for drizzling, optional
- Make the caramel sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in sugar and agave and bring caramel to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened and a deep golden brown. Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda and salt. Cool slightly.
- In a high-speed blender, combine coffee beverage, espresso, milk, vanilla extract, melted chocolate, ice, and cooled caramel sauce.
- Blend frappuccino on high speed until completely smooth. Pour into 3 serving glasses and top with whipped cream and caramels sauce if desired. Enjoy frappuccinos immediately!
Stay up to date with 1915 on Instagram!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Alright peeps, let’s get on to the giveaway! 1915 Bolthouse Farms has generously agreed to give away one box of 1915 Bolthouse Farms Beverages to one lucky reader!
I received a box myself a few weeks ago, and oh.my.gosh I can’t even stop drinking them! They come in three different flavors including coffee, chocolate, and vanilla. You’re probably going to love them ALL a whooooole lot.
Nothing fancy about this giveaway, guys. Simply use Rafflecopter below to fill out the required fields and that’s it! You’ll be in the running.
Just a few basic guidelines for the giveaway…
- This giveaway begins June 15th and will end June 30th. Winner will be drawn at random and you will be contacted by email if you have won.
- Giveaway is only open to those in the U.S.
- You must be 18+
- There will only be one winner per household.
That’s it, guys! Enter, enter, enter below!!