Perfect for a post-weekend detox, this colorful berry-loaded power salad will jump start your healthy goals for the week and you will love every power-packed bite!
This power salad is your post-long-holiday weekend gift from me to you.
Seriously, if this is what the end of all holiday weekends look like for me…then bring it!!
Along with gallons of coffee, please and thanks.
Ay yi yi. So how was your 4th of July weekend, y’all?? You saw clips of mine on Insta here and there this weekend but I didn’t see yours!I need the deets on ALL the cookout food you ate, ratings of the fireworks you saw (or shot off 😬😬) water fights you waged or tried to avoid, and the vague amounts of all the ice cream and cocktails you consumed.
Seriously, go vague on that last one. America’s birthday weekend just ain’t nice on bikini season.
So in an effort to help you out with that minor little issue…I’m contributing power salad to the cause!! And ohhh, heck yes is it a good one.
Salad that seriously should not even taste as good as it does, because hooooooly moly…
Let me give you a run-down of all the POWER this mighty salad holds.
- Strawberries/blueberries. Nature’s little power balls! (psssst…great way to use up leftover fruit from the weekend!)
- Avocado. Well, that one speaks for itself, right?
- Nuts. Roasty-toasty pecans always WIN.
- Tons of green. Romaine lettuce straight from my garden and a handful of green onion for some salad bite.
- Feta cheese. This one actually isn’t a power food, but it’s sure dang NOM.
- Homemade orange poppyseed dressing. Light, healthy, packed with vitamins and puts the finishing touch of perfection on our gorgeous Tuesday-buster power salad.
I dump it on heavy because that’s how summer salad days around here roll.
On my mind for the remaining glorious two months of power-packed SUMMER = this salad.
In my belly for aforespoken time span = THIS SALAD.
If you need me…you know where to find me. 😎😎😎
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, blueberries, strawberries, avocado, pecans, onion, and feta. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, mustard, vinegar, agave, and poppyseeds. Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly until smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Need more power food? Yyyes.