Chicken salad gets a fun summer reboot by using juicy grilled chicken and lots of flavorful pesto all wrapped up in a pretty AND healthy lunch lettuce wrap!
The return of the lettuce wrap!! It is time, you guys. Let the love fall once again upon the small, but mighty LETTUCE WRAP!
Also…just let me have them all and nobody’s gonna get hurt. This has been a looooooong stretch of lettuce wrap-less days.
My cravings are clearly out of my personal control. And I’m kinda-sorta okay with that.
So guys. How much are we big fat heart-eyeing farmers-market-for-dinner week that’s currently going down??
Like this? 😍😍😍 <— Yep, that’s more or less me right now. I mean, what’s not to love about big summer-loaded pasta skillets and green bomb summer salads? And well, I mean lettuce wraps, y’all. They certainly do the summer dinner hour justice.
I’ve been saving the best stuff for last though, guys. To round out this insanely-delish week we do THESE. ↓↓ Not to mention some pretty nom stuff tomorrow that (spoiler!!) involves pizza but FYI not actually pizza (more on that tomorrow, yo!) ♥
Okay, so these wraps. Friends, I just tell no lies when I say w-h-o-a. The flavors are ON POINT and speaking sweet summer nothings in every awesome bite.
We’ve got pesto. Obv, because Mr. Pesto and me are soulmates and all that.
We’ve got grilled chicken. I grill like 94% of all my food this summer. 😜😜
A teensy-tiny bit of mayo, a splash of lime juice and mustard, a handful of green onions and a few nice shakes of salt and pepper…dump everything in one bowl, but wait!! No faceplants yet because those butter lettuce leaves are waiting ever so patiently.
Fill ‘er up with a few nice plops of our killer chicken salad…and now the face-shoving can officially commence.
Pesto-y green lettuce wraps, you just win at summer.
And my girl crush on these beauties is not even one bit exaggeration, y’all.
And as of five seconds ago…that’s a “wrap” on my stash of lettuce wraps. Dang. 😥😥
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pre-made pesto
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 6 Bibb butter lettuce leaves
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken over medium-high heat, turning once until chicken registers 165F. Cool chicken and then dice into small cubes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk mayonnaise, pesto, mustard, and lime juice. Stir in green onions and cooked chicken until evenly coated.
- When ready to serve, fill lettuce leaves with chicken salad. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
In a lettuce wrap kinda mood? Right this way!!