Unbelievably soft zucchini sheet cake gets dressed up in a tangy pineapple glaze for one healthy summer dessert you’ll want to make ALL the time!—Only 129 calories per slice!
Guys, you KNOW we’re in the thick of all things summer when I start breaking out the zucchini baked goods.
To be honest, I don’t even know why the heck I waited this long. It’s not as if I haven’t been overrun with all things zucchini and I mean ALL.THINGS.
Don’t send help. I’m good over here surrounded in the GREEN. 😚😚😚
Okay, so are you ready for your likely-too-presumptuous idea of healthy sheet cake to be reversed completely?? Here we go.
You start with green, add a little more green, and basically all the green an innocent little cake can hold. Then you pass on by the butter, only use a liiiiiiittle bit of oil, and lastly go nuts with the pineapple glaze.
Like that only imagine that just going straight into your face and not so much on the cake. It’s probably gonna happen.
And guys!! I mentioned it above but I’ll say it again. 129 freaking calories per slice. Just give me the whole cake already and let me be on my way.
Confession: I totally made this sheet cake three times…in the space of one week. I swear each cake was better than the last.
Confession #2. I might have broken all the rules and ate it for breakfast too.
Multiple pieces around 7am-ish if you want specifics. Don’t judge me.
Just trust me that you should do the same thing. Preferably right this second.
Zucchini bosses we all are. <— the ultimate title.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk mashed banana, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla. Fold flour mixture and zucchini into liquid mixture until just combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake cake at 350F 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool cake completely on a wire cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled cake and let stand 5 minutes for glaze to set. Slice cake into squares and serve. Enjoy!
More zucchini baking? Try these muffins NOW!